Julio and the Witness Stand

The Prowler

Spot on mattyD. It depends on the particular Judge but there's a couple here in Houston County that will light your backside up if you come in the Courtroom dressed in a way that shows a definite lack of respect for where you are and what you're there to do.

Yeah, I'd just heard about it this afternoon, it sounded as if JJ wasn't really affected by this. Does he live in a rough part of town or something? You know, kinda immune to things like seeing your friend get shot in the head?? Is this something they knew was going to happen?? Because that article also states (but, not shown here) that they were sitting in the SUV until they saw McDonald walk up then they got out and ran to the other side of the street, JJ and his friend Gibbs.

i won't even drive through anywhere between 1st Ave, 9th Ave, and S. Cedar St after dark, and i carry a pistol at all times. JJ lives on 3rd Ave. 1st-3rd Ave are residential homes, then 9th Ave is residential homes also. Aaronville pretty much starts on 4th Ave and runs to 9th Ave. "rough part of town" is an understatement. Aaronville is one huge low income government housing community and people get shot there every year. that whole area is a bad place, S. Pine St and Oak Ave also. the residential homes mixed in there all have burglar bars, etc.

I tried to avoid Foley at all costs when I used to live in Baldwin County, so I'm not an expert on it by any means... but someone "getting shot there every year" describes most places in the country. People are killed in Beverly Hills that often. Hell, AU kills UAT that often...

Yeah, I'd just heard about it this afternoon, it sounded as if JJ wasn't really affected by this. Does he live in a rough part of town or something? You know, kinda immune to things like seeing your friend get shot in the head?? Is this something they knew was going to happen?? Because that article also states (but, not shown here) that they were sitting in the SUV until they saw McDonald walk up then they got out and ran to the other side of the street, JJ and his friend Gibbs.

i won't even drive through anywhere between 1st Ave, 9th Ave, and S. Cedar St after dark, and i carry a pistol at all times. JJ lives on 3rd Ave. 1st-3rd Ave are residential homes, then 9th Ave is residential homes also. Aaronville pretty much starts on 4th Ave and runs to 9th Ave. "rough part of town" is an understatement. Aaronville is one huge low income government housing community and people get shot there every year. that whole area is a bad place, S. Pine St and Oak Ave also. the residential homes mixed in there all have burglar bars, etc.

I tried to avoid Foley at all costs when I used to live in Baldwin County, so I'm not an expert on it by any means... but someone "getting shot there every year" describes most places in the country. People are killed in Beverly Hills that often. Hell, AU kills UAT that often...

as you should know, someone "getting shot every year" in Baldwin County doesn't happen day in and day out like it does in Mobile County. people getting shot all the time does not describe Baldwin Couonty well, but Aaronville seems to be a hotspot.

and as long as you do not wear a hat in the courtroom, a judge is not going to reprimand you for what you wear. are you on drugs?

It is obvious that you haven't been in a courtroom that much OR have only been in 1-2 because appearence is actual quite important in some cases and important enough for a judge to care in almost all aspects of their day whether a simple drug test appearence or an actual trial.

I worked at the DA's office down here and saw judges reprimand people for wearing white t-shirts, hats, some types of shoes, and other things. Each judge has their own preferences and they have no problem kicking you out or even putting you in contempt for multiple offenses of it.

and as long as you do not wear a hat in the courtroom, a judge is not going to reprimand you for what you wear. are you on drugs?

It is obvious that you haven't been in a courtroom that much OR have only been in 1-2 because appearence is actual quite important in some cases and important enough for a judge to care in almost all aspects of their day whether a simple drug test appearence or an actual trial.

I worked at the DA's office down here and saw judges reprimand people for wearing white t-shirts, hats, some types of shoes, and other things. Each judge has their own preferences and they have no problem kicking you out or even putting you in contempt for multiple offenses of it.

then judges up there must be way different than judges down here. now if you wear a hat in there, yeah you're gonna catch some flak. if you're an "expert witness" or an officer of the law, sure you are expected to dress nicely. but i have never seen a judge reprimand the common citizen for say wearing blue jeans, etc to court. n e v e r.

but i have never seen a judge reprimand the common citizen for say wearing blue jeans, etc to court. n e v e r.

Then you haven't been to many court rooms. What I am saying is not just "down here" but something found throughout a high, HIGH majority of court rooms around the country

I am still laughing at the thought of you walking into several court rooms that I have been in (from DC to Georgia to Louisiana and Texas) with specific clothes on thinking a judge won't reprimand you :lol: You would have had a fantastic time being thrown out or put into contempt

but i have never seen a judge reprimand the common citizen for say wearing blue jeans, etc to court. n e v e r.

Then you haven't been to many court rooms. What I am saying is not just "down here" but something found throughout a high, HIGH majority of court rooms around the country

I am still laughing at the thought of you walking into several court rooms that I have been in (from DC to Georgia to Louisiana and Texas) with specific clothes on thinking a judge won't reprimand you :lol: You would have had a fantastic time being thrown out or put into contempt

SL, give it a rest man. He's an expert in everything. At least three judges have ridden in his car. I think one left his cell phone charger in there. Also, he is an expert in everything. Whatever it is you're discussing, that's his current occupation. You didn't know he's a bailiff at the the Tuscaloosa courthouse?

By the way I've faced a judge in the Tuscaloosa courthouse for minor in possession of alcohol when I was 20 years old (which was given to me during an Iron Bowl when upon asking for ID, the cop noticed my Auburn ID and proclaimed "Oh, we got ourselves an Auburn boy here! This'll be fun!" Damn barner TPD officers and their anti-Alabama football team bias), and saw the judge throw a guy out for wearing a sweatsuit and sunglasses.

One of my last judges would get enraged whenever someone would wear an all-white t-shirt. It was so weird. She was so damn picky. So, every Tues/Thur when we the courts would do drug testing, you would always get a few wearing all-white t-shirts and EVERY ONE wouldn't be allowed back into her court without a shirt of some color.

And what would happen if you wore a white t-shirt the next week? She would INCREASE any amount of money that you already owe to the court or put you in contempt of court

Don't even get me started on people wearing sandals to court....which happened often

Archived