great pic from the memphis-uab game

kickinwang

86792.jpg

first the high-quality sign caught my eye, and while i was trying to figure out what a "mempis" is, i noticed the textbook stiff arm to the guy in orange....right over one of birmingham's finest.

Looks more like the proverbial "bee-otch slap" if you ask me.

86792.jpg

first the high-quality sign caught my eye, and while i was trying to figure out what a "mempis" is, i noticed the textbook stiff arm to the guy in orange....right over one of birmingham's finest.

Yeah I heard that is Pierre Niles (memphis forward) slapping that guy...not sure if that's true....it's a funny pic though for sure

86792.jpg

Yeah I heard that is Pierre Niles (memphis forward) slapping that guy...not sure if that's true....it's a funny pic though for sure

pierre niles; 6'8, 310lbs..someone give that kid some pads and a pigskin.

looks like a classy student section

well they aren't named after an affliction that turns your skin black and bad smelling for nothing.

Well it somewhat depends if thats wet gangrene or dry gangrene. There's a big difference. And gangrene isn't an infection, just dead tissue.

If the game had been in Coleman the sign would have said "We Cheat in Memphis and we beat our secretaries", and it would have been Mark Gottfreid getting pimped slapped.

Calapari said that was one of the best crowds he has ever seen and many recruits would go to UAB just because of that...

Personally I'd love for our section to be as crazy as that was.

And gangrene isn't an infection, just dead tissue.

Which really describes the UAB basketball fans rather well.

Yeah because there wouldn't be enough at their football games for a good case of gangrene.

Yeah because there wouldn't be enough at their football games for a good case of gangrene.

Kinda like there's all of 2 people at Auburn basketball games?

Gimme a break about the fans. UAB's atmosphere at Bartow puts most SEC schools to shame.

Ryan

Kinda like there's all of 2 people at Auburn basketball games?

Gimme a break about the fans. UAB's atmosphere at Bartow puts most SEC schools to shame.

Ryan

as of feb 20th...

auburn has averaged 4831 people at home games. link

uab has averaged 4753. link

We bitch on this board all the time about how we have hardly any fans show up to Beard-Eaves, yada yada yada. "If our guys could get some crowd support, we might do well and win some games."

I agree. If Auburn had better fan support for basketball, maybe the team could get just the right motivation to go out there and win some games. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen very much, except for 1 or 2 big games a year.

You can throw out that statistic about Auburn having about 100 more fans on average show up at Beard-Eaves compared to Bartow and thats fine. Of course, if I'm not mistaken, Beard-Eaves holds something like 11 or 12 thousand fans and Bartow holds about 9500. Has Auburn had a sell out yet this year? I would hope tommorrow is a sell out, but I believe tickets are still available. UAB sold out tickets to the Memphis game about 2 weeks before tip-off.

Don't hate on UAB just because its a part of the University of Alabama system. Its a great school, with a great basketball program, and great fans.

Ryan

We bitch on this board all the time about how we have hardly any fans show up to Beard-Eaves, yada yada yada. "If our guys could get some crowd support, we might do well and win some games."

I agree. If Auburn had better fan support for basketball, maybe the team could get just the right motivation to go out there and win some games. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen very much, except for 1 or 2 big games a year.

You can throw out that statistic about Auburn having about 100 more fans on average show up at Beard-Eaves compared to Bartow and thats fine. Of course, if I'm not mistaken, Beard-Eaves holds something like 11 or 12 thousand fans and Bartow holds about 9500. Has Auburn had a sell out yet this year? I would hope tommorrow is a sell out, but I believe tickets are still available. UAB sold out tickets to the Memphis game about 2 weeks before tip-off.

Don't hate on UAB just because its a part of the University of Alabama system. Its a great school, with a great basketball program, and great fans.

Ryan

i honestly don't think posting one stat is really hating on UAB. i have no problem with uab. i would have been suprised if uab didn't have a sell-out against memphis; #1 team in the nation, going for a perfect year, uab being the last c-usa team to beat memphis. just like i would be surprised if today's game isn't sellout for auburn. uab is having a great year. my only point was that uab isn't exactly packing out the house every night either and that's with them having a pretty good year (uab and usa may be the only teams from the state that sniff the post-season)

Archived