Miles is now the highest paid coach in the SEC

BAMMERPERRY

How can 3.75 million be more than 4 million? Looks like somebody missed the short bus on math day.

Most likely, YOU! Nick makes 3.75 this year. Miles, 3.751

Then how is Saban gonna be paid the $32 million in 8 years? If you multiply 3.75 times 8 then you only get $30 million.

Or is that extra $2 million in raises, bowl games, championships to get it?

It was supposed to be an average of $4M over 8 years. Like Tuberville gets a $200K raise each year. Saban gets a $250K or whatever it makes out to be to average $4M over 8.

The thing that bammers will never understand is that its not just that Saban is the highest paid coach. Miles is being paid this after winning a MNC ON HIS CURRENT JOB. Bama had to back the armored truck up to Saban's door TO GET HIM THERE. Saban wasn't interested in this job until Bama offered him more money than a sane human could turn down. LSU didn't have to sell the farm to get Miles to take the job.

Miles stinks and will lose at least 5 games next year.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M ABOUT TO AGREE WITH A BAMMER.......

but........

You are right on! At least 5 next year. (And I will enjoy each one with a smile on my face.)

LSU fans online can say what they want. Miles proved ME wrong but winning an SEC Title

With that said, I go to work today (well, a meeting) with 5 huge LSU football supporters

All 5 are like "Eh" when we talk about Miles....and you know what, that is ALL I HEAR from LSU fans down here. I have yet to ever hear 1 LSU fan talk about Miles like they did with Saban. It really is weird

Miles has had 3 successful years at LSU and yet.....I swear he is thought of as an "ok coach" by a high majority of his own fans

Never really seen it like this....

Sorry ButtPlug, I misplaced my copy of Saban's contract. I don't know why LSU fans aren't cozy to Miles, not like he has lost to UAB or anything like that.

Miles is a wolf in sheep's wool when it comes to coaching, IMO. That kinda act like I don't know what I am doing, but when it comes to gametime, he is pretty good. Albeit he has some brainfarts, but so has every other coach. Watching him this past year completely changed my perception of him.

Miles is a wolf in sheep's wool when it comes to coaching, IMO. That kinda act like I don't know what I am doing, but when it comes to gametime, he is pretty good. Albeit he has some is a brainfarts, but so has every other coach. Watching him this past year completely changed reinforced my perception of him.

when he went to the endzone for the win against us he thought they had 15 seconds left and would get at least one more shot, if the play had been broken up time would have expired. miles would have been strapped to a goalpost and burned at the stake. this is the same guy who wasted a timeout after an interception against tenn

the clock stops on change of possession. your right he is brilliant. also when he was ok st. his cowboys blew a 28 point lead to oklahoma. i remember laughing when i first heard that he was lsu's man to replace saban. his stock will fall this year.

Miles is a wolf in sheep's wool when it comes to coaching, IMO. That kinda act like I don't know what I am doing, but when it comes to gametime, he is pretty good. Albeit he has some is a brainfarts, but so has every other coach. Watching him this past year completely changed reinforced my perception of him.

when he went to the endzone for the win against us he thought they had 15 seconds left and would get at least one more shot, if the play had been broken up time would have expired. miles would have been strapped to a goalpost and burned at the stake. this is the same guy who wasted a timeout after an interception against tenn

the clock stops on change of possession. your right he is brilliant. also when he was ok st. his cowboys blew a 28 point lead to oklahoma. i remember laughing when i first heard that he was lsu's man to replace saban. his stock will fall this year.

If you had watched the replay there would have been 3-4 seconds left on the clock and plenty of time to call a timeout to kick a fieldgoal. That said, I nearly went into cardiac arrest on that play. Before each of the last three seasons I have heard opposing fans say that LSU's stock will slide. Hasn't happened yet and we are working on another Top 3 recruiting class for next year. I see us losing three this year to you guys, Florida and possibly S. Carolina or Georgia but there is not a huge dropoff in talent. The Perriloux situation is still unresolved and our linebacker and secondary are going to be green but Miles has done a great job over the last three years. 34-6 is alright by me.

If you had watched the replay there would have been 3-4 seconds left on the clock and plenty of time to call a timeout to kick a fieldgoal. That said, I nearly went into cardiac arrest on that play. Before each of the last three seasons I have heard opposing fans say that LSU's stock will slide. Hasn't happened yet and we are working on another Top 3 recruiting class for next year. I see us losing three this year to you guys, Florida and possibly S. Carolina or Georgia but there is not a huge dropoff in talent. The Perriloux situation is still unresolved and our linebacker and secondary are going to be green but Miles has done a great job over the last three years. 34-6 is alright by me.

2008 LSU Football Schedule - Record: 0-0

Date Opponent Time/TV W/L Score

Aug. 30 Appalachian St. TBA - - W

Sep. 6 Troy TBA - - W

Sep. 13 North Texas TBA - - W

Sep. 20 @ Auburn TBA - - L

Sep. 27 Miss. State TBA - - W

Oct. 11 @ Florida TBA - - L

Oct. 18 @ South Carolina TBA - - L

Oct. 25 Georgia TBA - - L

Nov. 1 Tulane TBA - - W

Nov. 8 Alabama TBA - - L

Nov. 22 Ole Miss TBA - - T

Nov. 29 @ Arkansas TBA --T

5-7 to 7-5 for LSU next year. LSU fans will want to run Miles out on a raft down the Bayou next year with rival fans, and many LSU fans, screaming "I told you so".

2008 LSU Football Schedule - Record: 0-0

Date Opponent Time/TV W/L Score

Aug. 30 Appalachian St. TBA - - W

Sep. 6 Troy TBA - - W

Sep. 13 North Texas TBA - - W

Sep. 20 @ Auburn TBA - - L

Sep. 27 Miss. State TBA - - W

Oct. 11 @ Florida TBA - - L

Oct. 18 @ South Carolina TBA - - L

Oct. 25 Georgia TBA - - L

Nov. 1 Tulane TBA - - W

Nov. 8 Alabama TBA - - L

Nov. 22 Ole Miss TBA - - T

Nov. 29 @ Arkansas TBA --T

5-7 to 7-5 for LSU next year. LSU fans will want to run Miles out on a raft down the Bayou next year with rival fans, and many LSU fans, screaming "I told you so".

Holy crap, I had pimples in high school that I enjoyed more than you.

Please offer some rational insight as to why LSU will lose to south carolina and the turds. Even better explain why ole miss and arkansas are toss ups.

I think ButtPlug got his predictions for the Tide and LSU mixed up. I'm going to say LSU loses at least 3 games just like every other defending BCS champ that has come from the SEC. I'm not a huge fan of Miles but I don't see a huge dropoff this upcoming season.

Miles stinks and will lose at least 5 games next year.

Ah, but there's one in particular that he will win, right BP? (Hint: it's on Nov. 8 in Red Stick)

Archived