Video of new arena...

autkidd

Thanks for the post. Two things:

1) Please, please, please tell me we are NOT having Orange & Blue designed seats. That is quite tacky.

2) What is it with marketers, that feel like they need to "sell" something that is already sold. Like, what is with pointing out "Auburn tradition" (yea, like we are known for basketball) and the Auburn fans. Waaay too much emphasis on it. Why not just focus on what the new arena will look like and what it will offer?

I thought the seats looked pretty cool actually, with the stripe design in them. The video does make it look awesome, can't wait.

The seats were pretty cool. What do they plan on doing with Beard Eaves after they build this new arena.

The seats were pretty cool. What do they plan on doing with Beard Eaves after they build this new arena.

mushroom-clown-ps3.jpg

I'm not sure about the seats...they look okay, but that is the kind of thing that could look really dated and really cheesy quickly.

I also thought it was odd that the narrator referred to everything in the present tense, as if the arena were already completed, instead of in the future tense.

I do think the arena is going to be a nice addition to campus. The planners/architects/builders/etc have done a really nice job w/ the recent buildings on campus.

Final thing: has anyone heard any rumors on what the name will be? I know there was some talk of corporate sponsorship.

Personally I think the seats would look much better if it was done as it is done in the soccer stadiums in England. where it has the team logo or name designed in with the seats... Auburn on one side and Tigers on the other... or the interlocking AU...

Typical Auburn fan in 10-12 years:

"God, we need a new Arena for basketball. It smells funny, it's too small, and God - those orange and blue striped seats. YUCK! Way out of fashion. We are approaching 2020 for Pete's sake!"

PC in 10-12 years: I know all about basketball, I'll play any of you fools.

B)

PC in 10-12 years: I know all about basketball, I'll play any of you fools.

and he'll still hate auburn

• 2 weeks later...

That does look pretty nice and I'm a little unsure of the seats. But on a side note when I heard of the new arena about to be built I thought how cool it would be to get a section of the old court like the tiger eyes or something or perhaps a seat or two, either would be an awesome addition in my Auburn room, what do yall think? Anyone know how I could get something of that nature, or who I would go about contacting?

:au:

How much did the new arena cost?

We are building this insane practice facility right NEXT to our POS arena and some want to build a new one

How much did the new arena cost?

We are building this insane practice facility right NEXT to our POS arena and some want to build a new one

92 Million if my memory serves

• 2 weeks later...

yeah i think the Nuke is a little over kill. besides it would totally wipe Auburn and dont believe that is their intentions. I would like to see them knock down Beard-Eves and make it some kind of park which would also serve as extra parking on game day. We could name the park Quetin's Grove

I don't see it being a new park... A parking garage but not a park... The area is big enough to put a building and new parking garage there (which is needed).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived