The 2005 McCants arrest

JohnDeere

A Sergant Major in my old Army Reserve unit is a Sherriff Deputy for Mobile County. He tells the tale of picking McCants up at Mobile City jail to take him down to the County jail back in 2005. Imagine a 6'4 250 lb sherriff deputy with a thick southern accent telling the story.

Deputy: "Sir watch you head as you get in the back of the car."

McCants: "D*&! it, do you know who I am?

Deputy: "What?" pulling out McCants drivers liscence, just to insure he has the right prisoner.

McCants: "Don't you know who the hell I am?"

Deputy: "Yeah, you're Keith McCants."

McCants: "Naw, don't you know who the hell I am?"

Deputy: "Yeah, it says here on your liscense you are Keith McCants."

McCants: "Naw, Naw, do you not know who I am?"

Deputy: "You are Keith McCants."

McCants: "Do you not know who the hell I am?"

Deputy: "Sir, you better shut up, cause I'm about to charge you with carrying a fake ID if you are not Keith McCants"

McCants: "I played football at Alabama"

Deputy: "So, you are playing in jail today"

McCants: "Losen these handcuffs, I've got a bad shoulder"

Deputy: "You should be able to tough it out, you played football at Alabama"

So....does every tide player that gets arrested think, just because they played for "duh tyde"--it's an automatic get out of jail free card?

Yes. Just like all Georgia fans bark when something good happens. Just like all LSU fans smell like corn dogs. Just like all Ole Miss fans are f'n retards.

So....does every tide player that gets arrested think, just because they played for "duh tyde"--it's an automatic get out of jail free card?

Yes. Just like all Georgia fans bark when something good happens. Just like all LSU fans smell like corn dogs. Just like all Ole Miss fans are f'n retards.

Can't argue with that logic.

McCants: "Don't you know who the hell I am?"

Deputy: "Yeah, you're Keith McCants."

McCants: "Naw, don't you know who the hell I am?"

Deputy: "Yeah, it says here on your liscense you are Keith McCants."

McCants: "Naw, Naw, do you not know who I am?"

Deputy: "You are Keith McCants."

McCants: "Do you not know who the hell I am?"

Deputy: "Sir, you better shut up, cause I'm about to charge you with carrying a fake ID if you are not Keith McCants"

McCants: "I played football at Alabama"

Deputy: "So, you are playing in jail today"

McCants: "Losen these handcuffs, I've got a bad shoulder"

Deputy: "You should be able to tough it out, you played football at Alabama"

Good gravy... I'm dying over here. That is comic gold. And not just b/c it's a former Bama player. That would be funny if it was Keith McCants, or Chris Porter, or Willie Williams...

Thanks for sharing!

I remember my first day at UGA for school orientation

I am standing with all these kids and the leading counseler tells us to do the UGA cheer of "Goooo Dawgs...Sicem Woof Woof" and he is barking so all the kids around me start to do it.

I look at the guy and the people around me and I think "You all have got to be kidding me. I want to go home"

Eh, I got used to it.

But, I do understand what people are thinking when they see and hear it

I remember my first day at UGA for school orientation

I am standing with all these kids and the leading counseler tells us to do the UGA cheer of "Goooo Dawgs...Sicem Woof Woof" and he is barking so all the kids around me start to do it.

I look at the guy and the people around me and I think "You all have got to be kidding me. I want to go home"

Eh, I got used to it.

But, I do understand what people are thinking when they see and hear it

Don't feel bad, could've been "Whoo Pig! Sooey!"

Archived