So, has anyone seen the police report of a Jags NFL player?

SouthLink02

http://www.news4jax.com/download/2008/0402/15772284.pdf

Are you kidding me?

Why is this not getting more attention?

Look at what he said to the cops!

:no::no::no::no:

originally he pled guilty to the charge and it was all said and done with. now he's withdrawing that plea so i guess everything is getting stirred up again.

I really don't think white people care if they're called that or not.

I don't think most appreciate it much. Especially the authorities. Just because society doesn't blow it out of proportion and special interest groups don't jump all over it doesn't make it any less offensive than if the situation was reversed. Personally it's just words to me but because one ethnic group isn't ridiculed over racial slurs while another group is, the fair thing to do would be to use the same tactics and proceedures as the media and special interest groups would. Had it been reversed and a white suspect said the n word and made statements about his wife like the guy did ,it would have been an outrage . A racial slur is what it is. It is meant to do the same thing regardless of which side it came from. Does it matter which way or how it is used?

One is not worse than the other. Only in the eyes of the offended. The intent is the same.

link: http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/04/03/...-cop-offered-s/

After 2006 Arrest, Jaguars' Brian Williams Cursed Cop, Offered Sex With Date

Posted Apr 3rd 2008 6:50AM by Michael David Smith

Filed under: Jaguars, NFL Police Blotter

Jacksonville Jaguars defensive back Brian Williams was arrested for drunk driving in 2006, and new information that has come out about the arrest reveals that Williams made profane threats about having sex acts with the arresting officer's wife and daughter, used racial slurs toward the officer, and told the officer he could have sex with Williams' date in exchange for letting him off.

The Jacksonville Times Union reports that it obtained the arresting officer's notes, which had not previously been disclosed, through a public-records request. And they reveal that the officer, wrote, "Almost every other rant was racial. Loud and yelling throughout ride to jail."

Says Williams' lawyer, "it isn't within Brian Williams' makeup to be the one to initiate any racial remarks."

The notes say Williams questioned whether the officer was jealous of his date, and told the officer he could have sex with her if he would not arrest Williams. When the officer asked Williams whether he wanted his date to take the car, Williams replied, "I ain't letting that ho take my car."

The case is back in the news because Williams, who initially pleaded guilty to drunk driving, has withdrawn the plea. He has a pretrial hearing scheduled for Monday.

Looks like Williams' attorney is going to argue that his client did not initiate the racial remarks.

I worked at the DA's office down here and saw how good/bad police can be in certain situations

But, just looking at this specific one (or what I am reading), I doubt Williams story even if the Cops said some things back

Archived