Slater needs to look elsewhere..

I would like to think that Auburn can sweep Miss. St. at home and go a combined 3-3 against Ole Miss (there) and LSU (home) to close the season at 6-3, wind up 14-16 in SEC play and squeak into the SEC Tourney in Hoover. They have a lot of talent on this team. However, common sense tells me they will go about 4-5 the rest of the way and miss the Tourney again. I can't imagine Slater returning next season.

unfortunately i get the feeling that both will be around next year

Then don't expect the baseball program to get much support. It's a shame that Auburn spent all that money on all those great facilities and can't utilize them.

I would like to think that Auburn can sweep Miss. St. at home and go a combined 3-3 against Ole Miss (there) and LSU (home) to close the season at 6-3, wind up 14-16 in SEC play and squeak into the SEC Tourney in Hoover. They have a lot of talent on this team. However, common sense tells me they will go about 4-5 the rest of the way and miss the Tourney again. I can't imagine Slater returning next season.

I don't think 14-16 will get them in. Every team in the east is at least 3 games ahead of AU at 11-10. They each only have to win 3 out last 9 to be ahead of AU. That puts 6 in the tournament with 2 openings. The 2 openings will then be for the 1st and 2nd place team in the west, of which AU will not be one of those. I believe the only chance they would have would be to win out and even then it would be very close.

Archived