So you guys were looking for the Obama bounce?

Justin5

http://www.newsweek.com/id/142465/page/1

The latest NEWSWEEK Poll shows the Democrat with a 15-point lead over McCain.

Barack finally has his bounce. For weeks many political experts and pollsters have been wondering why the race between Democrat Barack Obama and Republican John McCain had stayed so tight, even after the Illinois senator wrested the nomination from Hillary Clinton. With numbers consistently showing rock-bottom approval ratings for President Bush and a large majority of Americans unhappy with the country's direction, the opposing-party candidate should, in the normal course, have attracted more disaffected voters. Now it looks as if Obama is doing just that. A new NEWSWEEK Poll shows that he has a substantial double-digit lead, 51 percent to 36 percent, over McCain among registered voters nationwide.

That's an outlier.

I'd say Obama has a 5-7% lead right now. It will fluctuate when both VP candidates are named, shrink after the RNC, climb after the DNC, and so on...

I will say, however, that he does appear to have a commanding lead in the electoral college.

Thats the first intelligent thing win has said in a while. He does "appear" to some to have an edge. As we all know, things aren't always what they appear to be.

That's an outlier. I'd say Obama has a 5-7% lead right now. It will fluctuate when both VP candidates are named, shrink after the RNC, climb after the DNC, and so on...

Well call Newsweek. The real numbers are in. We have the inside information.

That's an outlier. I'd say Obama has a 5-7% lead right now. It will fluctuate when both VP candidates are named, shrink after the RNC, climb after the DNC, and so on...

Well call Newsweek. The real numbers are in. We have the inside information.

What?

I never implied that they were being untruthful. I just pointed out that a 15% lead for Obama is a stretch. They obviously conducted the survey and found those results, but all other results say that this data isn't consistent with other polling outfits. He has experienced a bounce though.

All polls are random samples. While they're mainly accurate, you can't treat wild ones like this as the gospel. When looking at all of the recent polls, McCain is down by 5-6%.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/20..._obama-225.html

Archived