CNS: The Most Powerful Coach in Sports

DKW 86

I do not know how true is this coach power ... but..

I just love how this will resonate with recruits..

first your recruits have to be able to read for it to matter and given the fact that you are changing players grades to make them eligible, this is unlikely.

Do you wanna play for the most powerful coach on the land (vouched by a highly respected national magazine that knows every face on wall street) or the coach that can not control fights in his own practices.... ???

Or do you want to play for a coach that has won 50 games over the last 5 years vs. a coach that is below .500 over the last 3 years, and a 7 win coach, and one that will eventually ( sooner than later) flee the crapstone for a better job?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kudos for posting the article. Otherwise, Bama fans would never have found it. You know, they don't put Forbes Magazine in the same sections as Field & Stream and Hot Biker Chick Monthly.

You can't read it holding it in your left hand

Just buy a poster.

Mine was farah faucett

There's is St nick

Your mom was right it will make you stupid

first your recruits have to be able to read for it to matter and given the fact that you are changing players grades to make them eligible, this is unlikely.

rrrrrrrrrright because you have inside dipzz on that.. or i guess because you said it then it has to be true...

Do you wanna play for the most powerful coach on the land (vouched by a highly respected national magazine that knows every face on wall street) or the coach that can not control fights in his own practices.... ???

Or do you want to play for a coach that has won 50 games over the last 5 years vs. a coach that is below .500 over the last 3 years, and a 7 win coach, and one that will eventually ( sooner than later) flee the crapstone for a better job?

and that's the same coach that won.. how many SECs over 10 years??? one.. NO WAY man.. NO WAY recruits would be interested in a guy that spent half as much time at LSU and won double as much SEC trophies... that's just illogical

and why would he leave the "crapstone" if he has pretty the keys to heaven? that's completely absurd... Yes they paid me the most and gave me full control.. I need to find a job that offers me a better deal.. <_<

I just love how this will resonate with recruits.. Do you wanna play for the most powerful coach on the land (vouched by a highly respected national magazine that knows every face on wall street) and be 7-6?... or the coach that has some fiesty players in his practices...unlike the Crimpson Wusses ???[/quote]

Fixed that for ya.... :roflol:

:au::homer:

rrrrrrrrrright because you have inside dipzz on that.. or i guess because you said it then it has to be true...

and that's the same coach that won.. how many SECs over 10 years??? one.. NO WAY man.. NO WAY recruits would be interested in a guy that spent half as much time at LSU and won double as much SEC trophies... that's just illogical

and why would he leave the "crapstone" if he has pretty the keys to heaven? that's completely absurd... Yes they paid me the most and gave me full control.. I need to find a job that offers me a better deal.. <_<

Wonder how quickly you and the rest of the uat nation will turn on him when he leaves in 2-3 years (maybe less) THere is NOTHING in sabans history or uat's history that says he'll be there very long. It's really very simple, well, for most of us, anyway. It wouldn't even surprise me to see ole overrated nicky leave for less money that he is making at the crapper. It's gonna be fun to watch the uat nation BEG for their next 5th choice.....

NO WAY recruits would be interested in a guy that spent half as much time at LSU and won double as much SEC trophies... that's just illogical

I think you guys will be able to ride the coattails of LSU's success for a little while but bama is NO LSU. The situations are totally different. Saban was able to fly largely under the radar there but already has an NCAA rule named after him due to the increased scrutiny at bama. How long will he be able to continue with his questionable recruiting?

Also, he was able to depend on quality assistant coaches while at LSU. Last year it was evident that his lack of player development and on-the-field play calling will continue to be a liability. Your assistants pale in comparison to AU.

CTT is known as a quality guy with a clean, well-run program with emphasis on discipline and personal development. We have what may be the premiere FCA program in the country. NFL coaches have commented on how well prepared the players are that come from AU. You're right...who would want to be a part of that?

and why would he leave the "crapstone" if he has pretty the keys to heaven? that's completely absurd... Yes they paid me the most and gave me full control.. I need to find a job that offers me a better deal..

I actually agree with you here. Unless he starts producing, noone will offer him a deal comparable to what you guys are giving him.

I think you guys will start winning more games eventually due to talent alone but i seriously doubt he will duplicate the success he had at LSU. I think he retires sooner rather than later. 3 yrs maybe.

yet owns his arch rival in both teams' stadiums.

CTT has a 7-2 record against the turds. He is also perfect in Bryant-Tuberville Field. Anyone think that is going to end soon?

I just love how this will resonate with recruits.. Do you wanna play for the most powerful coach on the land (vouched by a highly respected national magazine that knows every face on wall street) or the coach that can not control fights in his own practices.... ???

Does your head ever hurt from coming up with foolishness like this? You've got to have some type of brain malady. Normal brain cells don't function like this.

I have said since CNS was hired that his success at :lsu: was a product of Muschamp and Fisher being there.

LSU's success starts at the feet of Saban who turned that program around top to bottom and should be 100% given to him.

The program was falling apart with players not staying eligible academically (over half the previous two classes before Saban were failing out when he got there) and the facilities were far from top notch at the time EVEN with Dinardo's so-called Top Class of '97 which never even came close to being worth a crap.

Muschamp is a great DC but don't think for a second Saban didn't have almost complete control the first few years and still a high majority of the hand later on. He did even with Muschamp calling plays and forming gameplans (which Saban still was involved in both heavily) after several seasons

The program was falling apart with players not staying eligible academically (over half the previous two classes before Saban were failing out when he got there) and the facilities were far from top notch at the time EVEN with Dinardo's so-called Top Class of '97 which never even came close to being worth a crap.

September 29, 2005

LSU settles with second teacher over football grades

LSU has reached a settlement with former kinesiology instructor Tiffany Mayne, who sued the university over alleged academic fraud involving football players. LSU had previsouly settled with an instructor, Caroline Owen, in December 2004. Details of the settlement were not disclosed; however, it's presumed that she got a better settlement than Owen's $150,000.

Michael Ruffner, vice chancellor for communications and university relations, said in a press release that the school agreed to settle to avoid the expense of further litigation. He said the university “continues to deny wrongdoing relative to Mayne’s former employment at LSU or otherwise.”

Mayne, an instructor for 10 years, sued LSU and department head Amelia Lee in 2002. Mayne claimed that in 2000 she was pressured to change grades of LSU football players and hide academic misconduct to keep them eligible for the 2000 Peach Bowl. She said in her suit that 10 players who received failing grades were allowed to get extra credit and remain eligible.

LSU admitted to five secondary NCAA violations after an investigation. The NCAA accepted LSU’s self-imposed penalties of two lost scholarships and four recruiting visits during the 2003-04 recruiting year.

This brings to a presumed end the ugly charges and accusations that the LSU football team got help on their grades prior to the 2000 Peach Bowl. LSU says they did nothing wrong, but sanctioned themselves anyway after admitting to five violations.

I still wonder how much of this goes on at pretty much every school. A little suggestion here, a close relationship between the athletic department and a key department head there, etc. I suspect it's much, much more common than is ever reported. I would even venture to say that on every campus, some athlete gets the benefit of the doubt at least once a semester.

Posted by Kevin Donahue

Here's the Daily Reveille on it

http://media.www.lsureveille.com/media/sto...l-2051362.shtml

and even more on it

http://media.www.lsureveille.com/media/sto...r-2053316.shtml

It was also in the Times-Picayune, but I'm having trouble trying to back date.

So, I guess the teachers that sued LSU, because they didn't want to "Help Out the Proce$$", were right.....Hmmmm, interesting. I think I see a somewhat similar connection in what's going on down at the Crackstone.

September 29, 2005

LSU has reached a settlement with former kinesiology instructor Tiffany Mayne, who sued the university over alleged academic fraud involving football players. LSU had previsouly settled with an instructor, Caroline Owen, in December 2004. Details of the settlement were not disclosed; however, it's presumed that she got a better settlement than Owen's $150,000.

Michael Ruffner, vice chancellor for communications and university relations, said in a press release that the school agreed to settle to avoid the expense of further litigation. He said the university “continues to deny wrongdoing relative to Mayne’s former employment at LSU or otherwise.”

Mayne, an instructor for 10 years, sued LSU and department head Amelia Lee in 2002. Mayne claimed that in 2000 she was pressured to change grades of LSU football players and hide academic misconduct to keep them eligible for the 2000 Peach Bowl. She said in her suit that 10 players who received failing grades were allowed to get extra credit and remain eligible.

LSU admitted to five secondary NCAA violations after an investigation. The NCAA accepted LSU’s self-imposed penalties of two lost scholarships and four recruiting visits during the 2003-04 recruiting year.

This brings to a presumed end the ugly charges and accusations that the LSU football team got help on their grades prior to the 2000 Peach Bowl. LSU says they did nothing wrong, but sanctioned themselves anyway after admitting to five violations.

I still wonder how much of this goes on at pretty much every school. A little suggestion here, a close relationship between the athletic department and a key department head there, etc. I suspect it's much, much more common than is ever reported. I would even venture to say that on every campus, some athlete gets the benefit of the doubt at least once a semester.

Posted by Kevin Donahue

and even more on it

So, I guess the teachers that sued LSU, because they didn't want to "Help Out the Proce$$", were right.....Hmmmm, interesting. I think I see a somewhat similar connection in what's going on down at the Crackstone.

how much did AU settle with Petee for? i know part of the settlement was to stop his dismissal proceeding, plus AU sent him to exile at the Montgomery campus.....you guys tried to do the SAME THING, so whats your point?

September 29, 2005

Posted by Kevin Donahue

and even more on it

how much did AU settle with Petee for? i know part of the settlement was to stop his dismissal proceeding, plus AU sent him to exile at the Montgomery campus.....you guys tried to do the SAME THING, so whats your point?

Apples, meet Oranges. Do you actually know anything about how universities work? I mean the professorships? How about the lawsuit process and the settlement of suits?

Do you know how many football players "benefitted" from these crip classes? Does Bama have any crip classes that football players take? How's the "general studies" degree program working out for your team this year? "Human environmental sciences"? Wow.

People that throw rocks shouldn't throw them at people in brick houses. Especially when the brick house crowd will be back to hand you #7 in a very short few weeks. And we remember what happened at Toomer's Corner.

September 29, 2005

Posted by Kevin Donahue

and even more on it

Apples, meet Oranges. Do you actually know anything about how universities work? I mean the professorships? How about the lawsuit process and the settlement of suits?

Do you know how many football players "benefitted" from these crip classes? Does Bama have any crip classes that football players take? How's the "general studies" degree program working out for your team this year? "Human environmental sciences"? Wow.

People that throw rocks shouldn't throw them at people in brick houses. Especially when the brick house crowd will be back to hand you #7 in a very short few weeks. And we remember what happened at Toomer's Corner.

SOOOOOOOO.....how much did AU settle for? and how is it apples and oranges?

Prowler contends that CNS was having teachers change grades to keep players eligible, then the teachers were terminated when they got in the way or refused. the teachers sued and reached a settlement.

Petee blew the whistle at AU about having to give players grades for not doing anything, then AU tried to terminate him when he blew the whistle. Petee sued and got a settlement also.

while the situations aren't EXACTLY the same, they are pretty close. am i saying that automatically means LSU and AU are guilty of everything in the suit just because they settled? no. football players take very easy courses at schools everywhere in the country. sometimes in cases such as these, it is easier and cheaper to settle these suits instead of spending maybe half or more of the settlement amount on lawyers, time, bad publicity, etc. all i'm saying is if you are going to automatically condemn CNS and put the blame square on his shoulders, you must also do the same with the AU staff. neither of which i think are deserved. i'm sure if the NCAA thought there was some huge conspiracy they would have investigated it in both situations.

RWS, Petee was short-cutting the self study program due to a teaching crunch. The Dept Head was terminally ill and AU didnt want to remove him at the time. Therefore we were short teachers in an already undermanned dept that was filled with under-performing schlepps like Gundlach. Gundlach had one paper (humor at that) published in 12-15 years and should have been long gone from my university.

Petee was wrong, but please be honest for a second. ATHLETES, not football players, made up only 7% of the kids in these classes. These classes were trying to open up a logjam in the sociology dept. Was it a good thing? No. But ATHLETES (that means swimmers, basketball players, track, volleyballers, softballers, lacrosse, football etc) only made up 7% of the total kids in the classes.

Saban actually was contacted by the NCAA twice for phony grades/tutor abuse while he was at :lsu:

Saban actually was contacted by the NCAA twice for phony grades/tutor abuse while he was at :lsu:

More like 4-5 times but that is not public and I have nothing to back it up other than what I was told by someone that worked around him

More like 4-5 times but that is not public and I have nothing to back it up other than what I was told by someone that worked around him

Well, at least twice was public and the last one I heard about was right before he hauled ass to Miami.

Well, at least twice was public and the last one I heard about was right before he hauled ass to Miami.

Well what's the matter with that? Everybody does it and you know it!

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

Isn't all this talk about a coach without a link to prove it, a lie?

Those sites mention measuring academic performance to begin in 2205-2006, and every team was put under this regulation, and had it been a rule back then, LSU would not have passed..........How is that Coach Saban's fault.

Another one has where the NCAA places no restrictions on LSU, and the athletic director siad that Coach Saban was being punished for actions for which he was not responsible.

Unable to pull up other links...at work and can't pull up sports net.

Isn't all this talk about a coach without a link to prove it, a lie?

Not when I say something

Archived