I got a bad feeling...

au.tiger.96

I was just thinking the same thing...there seems to be a lot of grumblings around the complex (which is probably a sign of things going on behind the scenes that we are not previed to). And when I am listening to the weekly interviews, its almost a like there is desperation (almost defeat) in the coach's voices...not a very comforting feeling.

It kinda surprises me though, going into last week, everyone was picking us to ride on the bus to the top...but sometime during this week the wheels have apparently fallen off.

I was just thinking the same thing...there seems to be a lot of grumblings around the complex (which is probably a sign of things going on behind the scenes that we are not previed to). And when I am listening to the weekly interviews, its almost a like there is desperation (almost defeat) in the coach's voices...not a very comforting feeling.

It kinda surprises me though, going into last week, everyone was picking us to ride on the bus to the top...but sometime during this week the wheels have apparently fallen off.

Anybody at the practices see evidence of this wheels falling off stuff? If so, are there any details to what could have caused problems? For those that say there are problems, is there evidence that this is a repeat of 2001 with the QB situation dividing the team, or is it something else?

I think that if we go out there and EXECUTE then there is no reason to believe that USM can or will beat us. I don't give a rip what that dim-whitted ESPN guy says or what Dennis Dodd says about us, I think we will prevail. I know there is a little dissedent on the team right now as far as the QB situation goes. Not any different than fans views. That problem is THE PROBLEM, and I hope and pray that CTT and CTF settle this issue quickly, or we do have some serious reasons to worry.

I think that if we go out there and EXECUTE then there is no reason to believe that USM can or will beat us. I don't give a rip what that dim-whitted ESPN guy says or what Dennis Dodd says about us, I think we will prevail. I know there is a little dissedent on the team right now as far as the QB situation goes. Not any different than fans views. That problem is THE PROBLEM, and I hope and pray that CTT and CTF settle this issue quickly, or we do have some serious reasons to worry.

I think the coaches will fix the QB situation this week or as soon as KB is healed. I just hope that CTF has not lost credibility with the players.

If you want to know why you are getting that feeling I will tell you: BECAUSE WE KEEP READING THESE FORUMS. We won 34-0, offense scored 20 points after losing two receivers who play, the starting QB in the 3rd, it being the first game, playing with a stripped playbook, and not executing all that well. On top of that the defense pitched FREAKIN SHUT OUT.

I know it was just a feeling, and I am not trying to go crazy on you or anything, but I am getting tired of this. There are some problems that we might have, like Ramsey, and I understand that, and quite frankly am okay with that. Sometimes things don't work out, but this whole wheels falling off thing is a little premature in my opinion. We played a great team game on Saturday and we have another one coming up. If we lose or look horrible, then I think we might be able to talk a little more. Thus far though we look improved from last year from QB, to RB, to WR, to O-line, to D-line, to LB. We aren't gonna be world beaters in the secondary but that is okay. JPW doesn't throw great deep balls, WVU was 97th in the country in passing, LSU is a run team with a first year QB from Harvard and UT's QB was laughable. Let's just wait a little while before we say everything is going is falling off.

I think you will see a completely different AU offensive team. Not because a different QB is starting but because the offensive team knows they didn't get the job done the way they should have. Just my 2 cents.

I think you will see the offensive team come out and play as well as the defense did last week. I also think you will see the defense continue their good play. Add another 1 cent to the cup.

Just call me :homer:

23273777_scaled_232x127.jpg

Good grief, it's like high school. I (obviously) haven't seen what's been happening at practice, but I didn't see either quarterback do anything to distinguish himself last week (although, admittedly, the receivers didn't help much), so I'm not sure why there'd be any bickering about that. In any case, seems to me we ought to be OK the next two weeks relying on our defense and RBs, while CTF works the kinks out.

That said, if Todd doesn't seize the opportunity and set himself apart this week, I think the job falls to Kodi by default. If one or the other (i.e., whoever is the backup) can help in certain situations, fine, but we need to get the team behind one guy or the other going into SEC play.

We will prevail......at the end of the day, we are AUBURN! Family, Heart, Dedication, Pride, and Sacrifice!

War Damn Eagle!

Auburn 31

USm 16

If you want to know why you are getting that feeling I will tell you: BECAUSE WE KEEP READING THESE FORUMS. We won 34-0, offense scored 20 points after losing two receivers who play, the starting QB in the 3rd, it being the first game, playing with a stripped playbook, and not executing all that well. On top of that the defense pitched FREAKIN SHUT OUT.

I know it was just a feeling, and I am not trying to go crazy on you or anything, but I am getting tired of this. There are some problems that we might have, like Ramsey, and I understand that, and quite frankly am okay with that. Sometimes things don't work out, but this whole wheels falling off thing is a little premature in my opinion. We played a great team game on Saturday and we have another one coming up. If we lose or look horrible, then I think we might be able to talk a little more. Thus far though we look improved from last year from QB, to RB, to WR, to O-line, to D-line, to LB. We aren't gonna be world beaters in the secondary but that is okay. JPW doesn't throw great deep balls, WVU was 97th in the country in passing, LSU is a run team with a first year QB from Harvard and UT's QB was laughable. Let's just wait a little while before we say everything is going is falling off.

Quoted all of this for truth. I've had to cut back on my forum browsing this week just from too much negativity:

Oddball.jpg

Between Alabama's game last week and our offensive "struggles", it was making me tired and worried about things that will work out... or they won't. It will still be fine either way, really.

I have faith in CTT and the staff he has assembled as well as I have faith in our players to do their best to execute the game plans. Lump me in with the sunshine pumpers; I don't see the problem with it.

I am with autiger4life, Tigermike, autigeremt and Grider, throw me in with the sunshine pumpers. Our D pitched a freaking shutout, special teams looked pretty good, and we can run the ball. I wasn't pleased with the passing game last week either, but I have never expected us to just light it up. It was also the first game, game time is a lot different than practice time, you don't have 90K looking on at practice, it's not as loud and not as nerve racking. I think we will be ok, there is not a game that we play this year that I can't see us not winning. WDE!!!!!!!!

:au::homer:

12:30 Start, AU's offense regrouping, and playing a Mississippi team.

Sorry to be so pessimistic. Anyone else feel this way?

I don't.

Auburn .................. 42

Southern Miss ........ 10

AMEN!!! :au::thumbsup:

Come on guys, This doom and gloom after one game. CTT and CTF at odds, desention about the starting QB, no talent at the WR, terrible WR coaching, etc..... Give it a rest, quit listening to the F............ show an the like. Honestly its going to be ok.

Chicken_Little.jpg

Brett Favre isn't starting for Southern Miss and the Auburn defense isn't going to allow many points unless the offense starts turning the ball over in their own end. Auburn will win Saturday.

However, taking a longer view, the passing game had better get going soon. If you can't pass for 100 yards against LA-Monroe, who can you pass against in the SEC? The coaches have had 9 months to get the new offense installed. I wasn't expecting 300 yard passing days, but surely Auburn can pass for 150 yards a game against the lower tier schools. This was the whole point in changing coordinators, right, improving the passing game? I'll reserve further judgement until I see how the offense improves over the next two weeks, but what we've seen so far is not going to get the job done against LSU, maybe not against Miss. State either.

I look at this way. We were 20-6 during the last two seasons with a decent running game, below average passing game, solid defense and consistent special teams.

The running game appears to be stronger than the last two seasons.

The passing game remains a question mark.

Defense could actually be better than last season IF we remain healthy.

Special teams appears to be solid.

I believe the offense will have 5 scoring drives this week against USM. That means a range of 15-35 points. Because we have not found our identity in the passing game, I see AU scoring 2 TD's and 3 FG's for 23 points.

Auburn 23 USM 12

The line now is around 16-17 points and I say AU by 11.

USM is good enough to upset AU but not without help. If the running game remains strong and we don't turn the ball over, Auburn wins by at least 11 points. Let's hope Todd makes the most of his first start and the receivers step up this week to make plays.

Most improvement is always between the first and second games of each season. Don't worry. We will show more each week. This one we will also win handily but with more balance on the offensive side of the ball. I was at the game last week and the defense looks championship caliber. Once the offense gets going we will really be a force to be reckoned with.

I look at this way. We were 20-6 during the last two seasons with a decent running game, below average passing game, solid defense and consistent special teams.

The running game appears to be stronger than the last two seasons.

The passing game remains a question mark.

Defense could actually be better than last season IF we remain healthy.

Special teams appears to be solid.

I believe the offense will have 5 scoring drives this week against USM. That means a range of 15-35 points. Because we have not found our identity in the passing game, I see AU scoring 2 TD's and 3 FG's for 23 points.

Auburn 23 USM 12

The line now is around 16-17 points and I say AU by 11.

USM is good enough to upset AU but not without help. If the running game remains strong and we don't turn the ball over, Auburn wins by at least 11 points. Let's hope Todd makes the most of his first start and the receivers step up this week to make plays.

We don't care what you think StatTiger, we just need stats. In the past 20 years, what is AU's record when a fan gets a bad feeling?

Juuuuuuust kiiiiding.

We don't care what you think StatTiger, we just need stats. In the past 20 years, what is AU's record when a fan gets a bad feeling?

Juuuuuuust kiiiiding.

17-18-1

The defense is awesome. We have already started developing cbs to fill in for the weak spot on the D.

The OL and RB are typical AU top notch. We have nagging WR fundamental problems that affect the QB performance and need to be fixed. We have 2 good QBs and can't decide which to start. We used a very vanilla passing game, which made the passing look even worse than the WRs.

It was the first game of the year and LaMo used 5 and 6 dbs to stop the pass. We won easily and didn't show anything on the game film.

Other than the same ole WR fundamental problems, there is not a problem, so chill

BTW.....USM will probably stack the box on us this week and challenge us to pass....let's see what happens.

We should be fine as long as we don't have several TOs (ie 2007 USF, MSU, UGA, 2006 UGA).

Come on guys. Two freshman QBs both in their first start and they looked scared? The sky is falling!

They will get better. They are freshmen. If nothing else, we saw last week that we can still count on the running game. That is a GOOD THING, right?

Come on guys. Two freshman QBs both in their first start and they looked scared? The sky is falling!

They will get better. They are freshmen. If nothing else, we saw last week that we can still count on the running game. That is a GOOD THING, right?

freshmen QBs?

Archived