Jermaine Johnson on his way

autiger6

This is good news and we can certainly use him.

Jermaine Johnson makes the grade, adds another jewel to AU recruiting class.

Who knows where Auburn's recruiting class will be ranked in the end, and Auburn's coaches don't care. They are convinced it is one of the stronger classes in their Auburn tenure.

And now it has gotten even stronger. Offensive lineman Jermaine Johnson has made the required test score and is expected to enroll at Auburn in January.

Johnson, from St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Fort Lauderdale, signed with Auburn but didn''t qualify out of high school. He went to Hargrave Military Academy. His grades were fine, but he narrowly missed his test score. Now he has made it.

That's good news for the Tigers, who have a need for offensive lineman. Johnson is the kind of guy who could step in and start at tackle from Day 1.

I've been waiting on some news on him. I wasn't sure if we were still after him because of the change in offense or whatever reason. If he can enroll in January that will be even better. He's already a couple years out of high school. An extra semester will give him a chance to get in the work out routine and practice an extra spring to compete for playing time next year.

Does that put Auburn at 27?

Don't get too far ahead of yourself..we're still at 6 now, but with the addition of Johnson I don't see why 11 isn't probable.

Don't get too far ahead of yourself..we're still at 6 now, but with the addition of Johnson I don't see why 11 isn't probable.

Well played!

i think he still counts towards last years class......maybe someone can correct me if i'm wrong

I believe you are correct, but I too am not 100% positive.

This is great news! I just hope he turns out to live up to the hype and not bust like a lot of our other big time 5 and 4 stars (especially those out of Prep / JUCO).

I like the way you think :cheer:

Yes, he'll count towards last years signing class. Also, from what I've heard, there's a possibility that he won't be added to the list of this year's class. That way, it won't say (27) and have JJ unranked or ranked as a three star or lower.

Archived