Match ups/play calls

the deacon

If ,and I believe any credible offensive football coach will say it is,offensive play calling is an art of creating match up problems for the opposing defense; the right personnel, at the right time, in the right place.To have the last play go to Ben Tate,to not have Mario Fannin in the game, to not give Gabe Mckenzie at 6'5'' a chance to out muscle/ out jump a defender, to continue to deny that Chris Slaughter can make the play are all signs that our current staff is using crayons. If they held Brad Lester out for disciplinary reasons I have NO beef. But if they did it because as CTT said " We just didn't get him in" and "Ben was running well", I rest my case.It's not rocket science but it is, as someone alluded to in another post, a game of chess and the BBQ BOYS are playing checkers.Discussion?

I wouldn't be happy if the BBQ boys were coaching our local high school. Can anyone point to an intelligent, free-thinking offensive decision these guys have made over the past 10 years, anyone? It took Al Borges to come in, and say, "Hey, what about Ronnie and Cadillac on the field at the same time?"

I think we could make a tape of our offense, minus the Borges glory year, and sell it to everyone as how NOT to run an offense.

Archived