Petey Smith

TigerDevil

Petey Smith, Eric Smith's brother, had an outstanding game in the Under Armour game. He is down to Auburn and bammer. I hope Eric recruits his brother for us. He is a 4 star and 5 star on some boards. We still are in the running for a few big time recruits.

Petey Smith, Eric Smith's brother, had an outstanding game in the Under Armour game. He is down to Auburn and bammer. I hope Eric recruits his brother for us. He is a 4 star and 5 star on some boards. We still are in the running for a few big time recruits.

How in the world do you not play with your brother and go to his biggest rival? How is bama even a consideration?

How in the world do you not play with your brother and go to his biggest rival? How is bama even a consideration?

I seem to remember reading an article early on this season where they basically admitted how competitive they were, and they seriously considered not playing together just because of that competitiveness.

We need our players helping out in recruiting. other schools do it all the time and we need some of ours to step up and help the assts. It CAN make a difference. Eric, go get Petey!

5-7

I seem to remember reading an article early on this season where they basically admitted how competitive they were, and they seriously considered not playing together just because of that competitiveness.

They can be competitive on the practice field all day long

5-7

5-7 sends you to Florida, FSU, Tennessee.

5-7

5-7 sends you to Florida, FSU, Tennessee.

5-7 says 'NEED HELP. MOST LIKELY REQUIRE LOTS OF PLAYING TIME FOR STUD FB RECRUITS' At least that's what I'd be selling if I was the coaching staff.

12-2 w/ few players leaving says 'HELP NEEDED. WILL MOST LIKELY SIT ON PINE FOR FIRST 2-3 YRS. MAY WIN CHAMPIONSHIP BUT MOST LIKELY WITHOUT YOU PLAYIN MUCH'

Guest BoStillKnows

5-7

So you don't have an intelligent response?

12-2 w/ few players leaving says 'HELP NEEDED. WILL MOST LIKELY SIT ON PINE FOR FIRST 2-3 YRS. MAY WIN CHAMPIONSHIP BUT MOST LIKELY WITHOUT YOU PLAYIN MUCH'

on the flip side of that, Alabama has proven its willingness to play freshmen and there are some areas such as WR and possibly DB where we need immediate help.

on the flip side of that, Alabama has proven its willingness to play freshmen and there are some areas such as WR and possibly DB where we need immediate help.

IMMEDIATE HELP........that's the reason for playing so many Frosh. The Sugar Bowl exposed that.

Auburn has a chance to use the 07 Saban factor of playing time in some areas.

If Petey Smith DOESN'T sign with AU, I'll be shocked. I keep seeing Smith say he is down to Auburn and Alabama, but I haven't found one Bama fan or recruiting site that states Smith will end up at Alabama.

Petey is Orange and Blue. I'll offer an early congrats on this one. He is good.

A 6-0 245 linebacker is not your ideal prototype linebacker. Sounds like he's a little on the heavy side for a short guy.

I'm beginning to wonder just how much Petey really wants to be an Auburn tiger. If he were serious, I would think that he'd go ahead and committ, especially since his brother is already at Auburn. It would be a travesty if he chose the Bammers.

I'm beginning to wonder just how much Petey really wants to be an Auburn tiger. If he were serious, I would think that he'd go ahead and committ, especially since his brother is already at Auburn. It would be a travesty if he chose the Bammers.

He's just doing what so many others before him have done. Keep folks guessing until the last minute so there will be a measure of suspense at his press conference. It wouldn't be as much fun from his perspective if he made it known who he was signing with so far in advance. AU folks would be talking about somebody else right now if he was already in the AU family. I guess I can't blame him, but it would sure be nice to have him aboard.

Archived