Post game thoughts

WarTiger

Let's put it this way in regards to the "Great Season" debate. A great season is an entire season. The first 3 months, there was not a soul that even considered this a decent season. People were lighting the match the fire Lebo.

Again - they had an outstanding 5 or 6 weeks. That is it. The entire season was good and much improved from the previous years under Lebo. But the entire season was not great.

This team did battle very strong after being down so much. But so what? Do you want a team every year that struggles for 3 months and then picks itself up for a month? Do you want this every season? Do you think this will actually lead to something next year? Have you noticed the number of fans in the stands / posts on this forum has drastically increased over the last 5 or 6 weeks.

The simple explanation, which is true for all sports at all levels - winning matters. I don't really care that Auburn started off crappy and then got all great in the end. Did it show character? Not at all. If it does, you are saying they didn't have character to begin with.

Sports is about winning, period. This team did that... recently. In 8 years are you going to talk about how great this team was because they won some games late in the year? No, you are totally going to forget about it. Actually you will remember because Auburn will become a statistic as being the first 10 (or 11) SEC win team not to make the NCAA tournament and you will have to live with that forever. This team was a disappointment in the end. If you want to view it as courageous or whatever, feel free. But you won't think of it that way a few years from now.

Meanwhile, schools like Binghamton, who just became Division I this decade, are in the NCAA tournament Lesser conference sure, but they are in with avery similar finish to Auburns (hot streak at the end). Their fanbase is basically the same as Auburn's. There were no fans, but the fans started showing up the past two years. Yesterday their crowd blew away Auburn's average attendance. Maybe this is the type of coach we need. Not one that will show up at the end of the season to do too little too late (and no that is not a call to Fire Lebo).

The Bearcats - now there is a team to root for in the Tourny. Something tells me they get a a #14 seed and coem close to pulling off a stunner, if not actually accomplishing it. My home team and they are winning - great reasons for myself to cheer for them. I'll cheer for AU in the NIT, but teams like Binghamton actually have something worth cheering for.

Wow. Is it possible for you to be more negative?

Why do you guys even read his stuff? He's the only (supposed) Auburn fan on this board I have on ignore. Like another poster on this board, I think we should all post the fact that he's on ignore. Everyone, you really should just put him on ignore? Do you think anything you have to say to him means anything to him? You're just feeding his fire. If everyone had him on ignore, then no one would reply to him and I don't have to see his ridiculous trash in quotes.

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: PChamp119.

Because as a MOD I don't have that luxury, we need to read all post. ;) It’s a hard life but someone has to do it. :P:big:

As a mod, you have certain other luxuries too ;);) nudge nudge

Archived