Post game thoughts

WarTiger

Well, Tennessee shot the ball so well, it was hard for us to get an edge. We stayed with them till the end, but great win for tennessee today...

Mad Props to Tennessee Head coach BRUCE PEARL who in the post game interview, was very complimentary of Auburn. He commented on the type of team we have and the way we finished the season and said he hopes to selection committee gives some serious consideration to getting Auburn in the tournament. He said we deserve to be there.

I second the big ups to Pearl for doing that.

Wouldn't hurt to have UT destroy MSU tomorrow just to keep MSU from taking a spot they otherwise wouldn't have gotten.

Yeah, that was a tough one...we just couldn't get any stops on a consistent basis. Proud of 'em for playing like they did the last few weeks...I guess we'll find out tomorrow if it was enough. My heart would love for us to be in, my head says that this was a late-season run that fell just short of the NCAA finish line.

I am proud of the team and the coaching staff. Great run down the stretch.

If Tennessee wins tomorrow, we will still have a shot at going. Depends on how much emphasis the committee puts on the last 12 and our conference record.

If State wins tomorrow, they'll take the slot that we are hoping for.

Either way, we either will have a surprise NCAA bid or a home NIT game, neither of which we expected during mid January. War Damn Eagle.

P.s. I am about to tear up watching JP/ Lincoln Financial/ Raycom's funeral. :cheer:

Oh well - this was not a great season at all. Anyone who says this was a great season is an idiot. A great season does not include the losses this team had (UNI, Mercer - perhaps even Dayton, Vandy, and Ole Miss). A great season does not end up in the NIT. They had a superb 5 or 6 weeks of basketball.

So who do you guys think Auburn will be hosting in the NIT? We find out Sunday night right?

Anyone who still thinks this team is getting to the NCAA's - enjoy watching for 50 minutes tomorrow, not seeing Auburn get picked. Maybe when the 65 teams are announced, you'll think there is some sort of wild card or that a team will drop out to give Auburn a chance. Perhaps you'll think the format shoudl change to allow the NIT champion a shot into the tournament. Or that the field should expand to 96 teams. I duno, something will come up from some of you guys I am sure.

But I will take the bets. 90% of you seemed confident Auburn was in after the UF game. Where are these folks again? I'll take the bets and it has nothing to do with MSU tomorrow. The MSU's you have to plan for. Many of you forgot about these types of teams coming into championship week. It took some of these teams to wake you guys up and realize how this all really works.

Oh well - this was not a great season at all. Anyone who says this was a great season is an idiot. A great season does not include the losses this team had (UNI, Mercer - perhaps even Dayton, Vandy, and Ole Miss). A great season does not end up in the NIT. They had a superb 5 or 6 weeks of basketball.

So who do you guys think Auburn will be hosting in the NIT? We find out Sunday night right?

Anyone who still thinks this team is getting to the NCAA's - enjoy watching for 50 minutes tomorrow, not seeing Auburn get picked. Maybe when the 65 teams are announced, you'll think there is some sort of wild card or that a team will drop out to give Auburn a chance. Perhaps you'll think the format shoudl change to allow the NIT champion a shot into the tournament. Or that the field should expand to 96 teams. I duno, something will come up from some of you guys I am sure.

But I will take the bets. 90% of you seemed confident Auburn was in after the UF game. Where are these folks again? I'll take the bets and it has nothing to do with MSU tomorrow. The MSU's you have to plan for. Many of you forgot about these types of teams coming into championship week. It took some of these teams to wake you guys up and realize how this all really works.

Do you have any friends?

Anyone who still thinks this team is getting to the NCAA's - enjoy watching for 50 minutes tomorrow, not seeing Auburn get picked. Maybe when the 65 teams are announced, you'll think there is some sort of wild card or that a team will drop out to give Auburn a chance.

This was a good season, not a great one. Anytime you go from 4-13 in league play to 11-7 (a 7 game turnaround), it is a good accomplishment.

A loss to Dayton and UNI aren't seemingly as bad when you consider UNI won their conference, Dayton was second in theirs, and Barrett was playing injured. I could add that Barber was still playing tentatively due to last year's injuries, but that is just speculation.

Probably the worst loss in my mind aside from Mercer (though the Bammers lost to them too, haha) was Ole Miss on the road. Our team played like "bums", to steal a quote from Vot, and got hammered. Vandy at home was bad, but not as bad as that butt kickin in Oxford by a team that was missing three starters due to injuries.

If we don't get a NCAA bid we certainly should be a number 1 seed in the NIT.

We've got a pretty good shot at it. Win three home games and we get a trip to the Garden, and that's not shabby at all.

PChump, I think this describes you pretty well....

You must be the arithmetic man; you add trouble, subtract pleasure, divide attention, and multiply ignorance.

First of all, you don´t always say what makes a great season simply by wins and losses. You have a team that did nothing last year, not even NIT and then turns into a great chance for NCAA or number 1 seed of NIT. That is pretty big.

Second, you are just a ass for the way you talk as if you won. I agree there is stuff bad that can be said about the team but it is generally better to wait a little while after the game ends to gloat about the team you ¨support¨losing.

I couldn't be more proud of this :au: team! They came back from a dissapointing start to the season to finish strong. Yes they started with some dissapointing losses, but they picked themselves up and finished with a sense of purpose. Do I think they will get a bid to the tourney?..who the hell knows with all the biased views on tv...SOS+Qualtiy Wins+RPI+Last 10 games/God knows what>RPI<QW. If you listen to the talking heads, then there is a snowball's chance in hell that :au: even deserves a mention. In my heart, I think they deserve a chance and I think they would surprise some. Would they win it all, in all likely-hood no. Would I be PROUD as HELL that they were there representing :au: and the :sec: ...absolutely!

Do you have any friends?

He must have challanged Lebo to a pick up game.

Let's put it this way in regards to the "Great Season" debate. A great season is an entire season. The first 3 months, there was not a soul that even considered this a decent season. People were lighting the match the fire Lebo.

Again - they had an outstanding 5 or 6 weeks. That is it. The entire season was good and much improved from the previous years under Lebo. But the entire season was not great.

This team did battle very strong after being down so much. But so what? Do you want a team every year that struggles for 3 months and then picks itself up for a month? Do you want this every season? Do you think this will actually lead to something next year? Have you noticed the number of fans in the stands / posts on this forum has drastically increased over the last 5 or 6 weeks.

The simple explanation, which is true for all sports at all levels - winning matters. I don't really care that Auburn started off crappy and then got all great in the end. Did it show character? Not at all. If it does, you are saying they didn't have character to begin with.

Sports is about winning, period. This team did that... recently. In 8 years are you going to talk about how great this team was because they won some games late in the year? No, you are totally going to forget about it. Actually you will remember because Auburn will become a statistic as being the first 10 (or 11) SEC win team not to make the NCAA tournament and you will have to live with that forever. This team was a disappointment in the end. If you want to view it as courageous or whatever, feel free. But you won't think of it that way a few years from now.

Meanwhile, schools like Binghamton, who just became Division I this decade, are in the NCAA tournament Lesser conference sure, but they are in with avery similar finish to Auburns (hot streak at the end). Their fanbase is basically the same as Auburn's. There were no fans, but the fans started showing up the past two years. Yesterday their crowd blew away Auburn's average attendance. Maybe this is the type of coach we need. Not one that will show up at the end of the season to do too little too late (and no that is not a call to Fire Lebo).

The Bearcats - now there is a team to root for in the Tourny. Something tells me they get a a #14 seed and coem close to pulling off a stunner, if not actually accomplishing it. My home team and they are winning - great reasons for myself to cheer for them. I'll cheer for AU in the NIT, but teams like Binghamton actually have something worth cheering for.

Let's put it this way in regards to the "Great Season" debate. A great season is an entire season. The first 3 months, there was not a soul that even considered this a decent season. People were lighting the match the fire Lebo.

Again - they had an outstanding 5 or 6 weeks. That is it. The entire season was good and much improved from the previous years under Lebo. But the entire season was not great.

This team did battle very strong after being down so much. But so what? Do you want a team every year that struggles for 3 months and then picks itself up for a month? Do you want this every season? Do you think this will actually lead to something next year? Have you noticed the number of fans in the stands / posts on this forum has drastically increased over the last 5 or 6 weeks.

The simple explanation, which is true for all sports at all levels - winning matters. I don't really care that Auburn started off crappy and then got all great in the end. Did it show character? Not at all. If it does, you are saying they didn't have character to begin with.

Sports is about winning, period. This team did that... recently. In 8 years are you going to talk about how great this team was because they won some games late in the year? No, you are totally going to forget about it. Actually you will remember because Auburn will become a statistic as being the first 10 (or 11) SEC win team not to make the NCAA tournament and you will have to live with that forever. This team was a disappointment in the end. If you want to view it as courageous or whatever, feel free. But you won't think of it that way a few years from now.

Meanwhile, schools like Binghamton, who just became Division I this decade, are in the NCAA tournament Lesser conference sure, but they are in with avery similar finish to Auburns (hot streak at the end). Their fanbase is basically the same as Auburn's. There were no fans, but the fans started showing up the past two years. Yesterday their crowd blew away Auburn's average attendance. Maybe this is the type of coach we need. Not one that will show up at the end of the season to do too little too late (and no that is not a call to Fire Lebo).

The Bearcats - now there is a team to root for in the Tourny. Something tells me they get a a #14 seed and coem close to pulling off a stunner, if not actually accomplishing it. My home team and they are winning - great reasons for myself to cheer for them. I'll cheer for AU in the NIT, but teams like Binghamton actually have something worth cheering for.

Wow. Is it possible for you to be more negative?

You must be new here. Of course he can. Wait until football season.

Hell, this jackass will probably get married and when his wife gives birth to their first child, this will be his blog entry:

"Congrats to my wife on the successful birth of our firstborn. But let's be honest, she really isn't that amazing. Women have been doing this for thousands of years and the vast majority didn't have a comfortable hospital bed, wonderful nurses to help or various drugs to ease the pain and aid in recovery. Plus, other women even now have pushed with less screaming or crying. And who's to say if this kid will grow up to be anything? He's just as likely to be some snot nosed loser as he is to be successful and responsible, so we'll just have to wait and see. I hope for the best but have my doubts."

Why do you guys even read his stuff? He's the only (supposed) Auburn fan on this board I have on ignore. Like another poster on this board, I think we should all post the fact that he's on ignore. Everyone, you really should just put him on ignore? Do you think anything you have to say to him means anything to him? You're just feeding his fire. If everyone had him on ignore, then no one would reply to him and I don't have to see his ridiculous trash in quotes.

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: PChamp119.

Hell, this jackass will probably get married and when his wife gives birth to their first child, this will be his blog entry:

"Congrats to my wife on the successful birth of our firstborn. But let's be honest, she really isn't that amazing. Women have been doing this for thousands of years and the vast majority didn't have a comfortable hospital bed, wonderful nurses to help or various drugs to ease the pain and aid in recovery. Plus, other women even now have pushed with less screaming or crying. And who's to say if this kid will grow up to be anything? He's just as likely to be some snot nosed loser as he is to be successful and responsible, so we'll just have to wait and see. I hope for the best but have my doubts."

WOW titan.. That is so good. You've got this jackass pegged full tilt. Thought I was reading a direct quote from the douchebag. This is proof that pchump has polluted this board for far too long....

:roflol::roflol::clap:

Why do you guys even read his stuff? He's the only (supposed) Auburn fan on this board I have on ignore. Like another poster on this board, I think we should all post the fact that he's on ignore. Everyone, you really should just put him on ignore? Do you think anything you have to say to him means anything to him? You're just feeding his fire. If everyone had him on ignore, then no one would reply to him and I don't have to see his ridiculous trash in quotes.

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: PChamp119.

Because as a MOD I don't have that luxury, we need to read all post. ;) It’s a hard life but someone has to do it. :P:big:

:lol: This post should win an award. Outstanding work, sir.

I just applied the ignore feature to PC. Didn't know it was possible to do that but thanks for enlightening me guys!

Archived