Newton

boddatiger99

After reading the article below (see link), I'm hoping something special is brewing for this young athlete. Now let me pause for a second and define "special". Yes, of course, I mean I hope he can contribute to Auburn's success and score a baZillion touchdowns! :) But MORE importantly, this seems to be a story of redemption. Any great coach will quickly tell you about the investment into the LIVES of these young men they make...how they make it a goal to reach the whole person, to mold them into responsible men. That's not hype. At least at Auburn it's not.

So Mr. Newton, once again ----> welcome to Auburn! There's something special brewing. You have a great story to tell and this die hard fan hopes you succeed on and off the field. You've chosen a great place to help shape the details of your redeeming story!

War Eagle! :au:

http://www.editurl.com/8m0

The receivers have already been running routes with Newton and are just as excited as we are. Should be a fun spring to watch.

This was a great move by the Auburn coaching staff. Newton is potentially a great asset to our program in every way. Other recruits see this and are attracted to Auburn for mere fact that "Auburn is the place to be your best, now and forever."

This was a great move by the Auburn coaching staff. Newton is potentially a great asset to our program in every way. Other recruits see this and are attracted to Auburn for mere fact that "Auburn is the place to be your best, now and forever."

+1

:thumbsup:

Offensive coordinator Guz Malzahn told Newton that his diverse skill set -- he's big enough to break tackles in the open field -- would work perfectly on the Plains. Auburn pointed to its highly rated recruiting class, its superior depth along the offensive front and the program's overall improvement...
-from the link

And with our running backs (with or without Lattimore), a defense will have to stay honest. What's a DC to do? Try to stop the run, a mobile QB, great receivers, and CGM's tricks all at once?

...a far cry from the "meercat" days of 2008 when opponents seemingly knew what we were going to run before we did.

Offensive coordinator Guz Malzahn told Newton that his diverse skill set -- he's big enough to break tackles in the open field -- would work perfectly on the Plains. Auburn pointed to its highly rated recruiting class, its superior depth along the offensive front and the program's overall improvement...
-from the link

And with our running backs (with or without Lattimore), a defense will have to stay honest. What's a DC to do? Try to stop the run, a mobile QB, great receivers, and CGM's tricks all at once?

...a far cry from the "meercat" days of 2008 when opponents seemingly knew what we were going to run before we did.

So so true. I remember yelling at the TV alot that year. You could predict over 70% of the plays - all based on the down & the formation.

-from the link

I miss the three and outs. I always liked watching a good punting game. It seemed a bobbled punt was the only way we got good field position. <_<

-from the link

I miss the three and outs. I always liked watching a good punting game. It seemed a bobbled punt was the only way we got good field position. <_<

I know what you mean. Also, our punt coverage in 2009 suffered somewhat ... probably because they didn't get as much game time practice as the 2008 team. B)

Best offense in the conference, if not the nation, next year.

Roof's defense started to turn the corner towards the end of the year.

I'm not going to be completely crazy and guarantee we win the SEC this year, but if we do, don't be surprised.

bammers know that they're just punishment from us (and the NCAA) is coming. Burn in hell bammer. WDE!!!

I'm not going to be completely crazy and guarantee we win the SEC this year, but if we do, don't be surprised.

bammers know that they're just punishment from us (and the NCAA) is coming. Burn in hell bammer. WDE!!!

Whoah...I like your enthusiasm...we will better COMPETE for the SEC West next year - but yes, I would be surprised if we won it. (Keep in mind that a large handful of the best athletes on the team next season will be freshmen.)

Whoah...I like your enthusiasm...we will better COMPETE for the SEC West next year - but yes, I would be surprised if we won it. (Keep in mind that a large handful of the best athletes on the team next season will be freshmen.)

Offense will be great, experienced OL and WR. Defense is what worries me.

• 8 months later...

After reading the article below (see link), I'm hoping something special is brewing for this young athlete. Now let me pause for a second and define "special". Yes, of course, I mean I hope he can contribute to Auburn's success and score a baZillion touchdowns! :) But MORE importantly, this seems to be a story of redemption. Any great coach will quickly tell you about the investment into the LIVES of these young men they make...how they make it a goal to reach the whole person, to mold them into responsible men. That's not hype. At least at Auburn it's not.

So Mr. Newton, once again ----> welcome to Auburn! There's something special brewing. You have a great story to tell and this die hard fan hopes you succeed on and off the field. You've chosen a great place to help shape the details of your redeeming story!

War Eagle! :au:

http://www.editurl.com/8m0

I guess something special is brewing...

Know any good lottery numbers?

Hold off on that lottery ticket for another month:

"Best offense in the conference, if not the nation, next year."

Half right, we'll see re. in the nation part

"Roof's defense started to turn the corner towards the end of the year".

VERY debatable.

"I'm not going to be completely crazy and guarantee we win the SEC this year, but if we do, don't be surprised."

Hope so, we'll see

"bammers know that they're just punishment from us (and the NCAA) is coming".

We'll see and...source?

Archived