Auburn to host 2012 women's Swimming and Diving Championships

WarTiger

Auburn to Host 2012 NCAA Women's Swimming and Diving Championships and Gymnastics Regional

Mash here

AUBURN - Auburn University will host the NCAA Division I Women's Swimming and Diving Championships and an NCAA Division I Women's Gymnastics Regional both in 2012, announced the NCAA Friday. The swimming and diving championships will be held March 15-17, 2012, at the James E. Martin Aquatics Center, while the gymnastics regional will be April 7, 2012, at the new state-of-the-art Auburn Arena.

"We're very pleased that the NCAA has selected Auburn as the host for these two events in 2012," said Auburn Director of Athletics Jay Jacobs. "These championships will be great not only for Auburn Athletics and our student-athletes, but the university and community as well. Thousands of coaches, athletes and fans from across the country will be treated to first-class events and Southern hospitality that is second to none."

It will mark the third time that Auburn has hosted an NCAA Division I Swimming and Diving Championship, having previously held the women's championships in 2003 and the men's championships in 1998.

Auburn, which hosted the 2005 NCAA Women's Gymnastics Championships, will be hosting its second NCAA Gymnastics Regional. Auburn, which was one of six institutions awarded a regional in 2012, also hosted in 1991.

Tickets for both events will be available in the summer of 2011 through the Auburn Ticket Office and AuburnTigers.com.

Very nice.....The women may be poised to compete for that title in 2012.

Archived