LaMichael James' New Range Rover

AU!

Just saw this come up on Deadspin. I should remind you all to reserve judgement until there is any proof of wrong doing. LaMichael is a very talented individual with a bright future and I wouldn't want to see his name unnecessarily dragged through the mud.

http://deadspin.com/5698336/lamichael-jamess-new-ride-is-raising-some-questions

Maybe the situation in Eugene isn't nearly as incriminating as the Cam Newton shitstorm,

It sounds a hell of a lot more incriminating than the Cam Newton shitstorm. But I would be willing to bet the media doesn't go buttassed crazy over it.

what i want to know iswhere are they buying rovers for 17k? Somebody hit up Thayer and Schlabach and let them know whats up. Wait a second people only care what happens in the the SEC.

what i want to know iswhere are they buying rovers for 17k? Somebody hit up Thayer and Schlabach and let them know whats up. Wait a second people only care what happens about negative stuff in the the SEC.

FTFY.

We have 2 options here:

1. We can take the path of trying to find other players with "issues" and see if we can turn the attention off of Cam.

or

2. We can stick with the AU family and focus on what's best for Auburn.

I wouldn't wish this treatment on my worst enemy, not even uat. I'm going with the second option and stick with my AU brothers and sisters and skip the, "Yeah, but he..." stuff.

Just saw this come up on Deadspin. I should remind you all to reserve judgement until there is any proof of wrong doing. LaMichael is a very talented individual with a bright future and I wouldn't want to see his name unnecessarily dragged through the mud.

http://deadspin.com/5698336/lamichael-jamess-new-ride-is-raising-some-questions

1) Then why did you post this?

2) What jared52 said.

what i want to know iswhere are they buying rovers for 17k? Somebody hit up Thayer and Schlabach and let them know whats up. Wait a second people only care what happens in the the SEC.

I wouldn't talk to Thayer and Schlabach if they paid me. Especially Thayer.

Joe Schad just tweeted:

Oregon says LaMichael James is eligible and has not been found to violate NCAA rules after vehicle swap with friend

Joe Schad just tweeted:

Oregon says LaMichael James is eligible and has not been found to violate NCAA rules after vehicle swap with friend

Thats a hell of a friend that has 17,000 in cash lying around as a gang out reach person.

We have 2 options here:

1. We can take the path of trying to find other players with "issues" and see if we can turn the attention off of Cam.

or

I wouldn't wish this treatment on my worst enemy, not even uat. I'm going with the second option and stick with my AU brothers and sisters and skip the, "Yeah, but he..." stuff.

:thumbsup:

I would like to know where I can pick up a Range Rover for 17k, however.

We have 2 options here:

or

The "uncle" picked up the Range Rover for 17K, LaMichael swapped even for his 2000 Ford Mustang. Would that be an even swap?

We have 2 options here:

or

The "uncle" picked up the Range Rover for 17K, LaMichael swapped even for his 2000 Ford Mustang. Would that be an even swap?

Not unless the Range Rover was beat to hell or the Mustang was a Saleen

I'm curious why he would even take this trade at the current time with the whole Cam saga going on. If I were in his shoes, no matter how tempted I was to get a newish Range Rover, I'd have to abstain for a little while. This is basically just inviting the NCAA to snoop around and the media to continue scrutiny.

I'm curious why he would even take this trade at the current time with the whole Cam saga going on. If I were in his shoes, no matter how tempted I was to get a newish Range Rover, I'd have to abstain for a little while. This is basically just inviting the NCAA to snoop around and the media to continue scrutiny.

Brown says James was concerned about a "stalker" leaving notes on his 2000 Ford Mustang, so Brown bought the Range Rover with $17,000 in cash, and he and James switched cars

Like a Range Rover is going to be any lower profile than a Mustang? <_<

Face it, when you're the top player on the #1 ranked team in the country and your name is mentioned among the Heisman hopefuls, you cannot expect anonimity no matter what car you drive. It's the price of fame, LaMichael, and comes with the career you've chosen. I also wonder if the alleged stalking might have something to do with choking women who may have friends, relatives, or feel a little vengeful themselves? (Not that I approve stalking on any level with anyone.)

But in way of follow up:

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/sites/web/sports/25588310-41/james-ncaa-friend-lamichael-oregon.csp

Published: Thursday, Nov 25, 2010 06:01AM

Oregon football: NCAA probe clears LaMichael James

Star running back’s use of friend’s vehicle not a violation, NCAA says

Oregon running back LaMichael James’ use of a borrowed sport utility vehicle prompted an NCAA investigation earlier this month that found no indication of wrongdoing on the part of the Ducks or their star running back.

If the NCAA is satisfied, I'm satisfied. No more complaining from me--the car issue is a dead issue as far as I am concerned. Just wish the NCAA could be as quick in clearing Cam.

(Cam still deserves the Heisman based on performance, though! :thumbsup: )

Archived