2 Weeks Away

aubrandon

Ladies and Gents we are two weeks away from the most wonderful time of the year. I am super pumped up to see our Tigers Roar. I know our schedule is brutal this year, however, I am not buying into the "They'll be lucky to win six games." Listen, we won eight games with Chris Todd. That's right Chris Todd. We have a much better team this year than we did that year combined with a much better QB. I say we win a minimum of eight games. 8-4 is our most likely record but I can see us pulling out another one to end up 9-3. War Coaches, War Players, War Eagle....I am out!!!!!

I think a 10 win reg season is within reach. You're right that this team will be far better than our 2009 team. More talent. More depth, better QB. and the 3rd year of this coaching staff.

I think a 10 win reg season is within reach. You're right that this team will be far better than our 2009 team. More talent. More depth, better QB. and the 3rd year of this coaching staff.

"Within reach"- well said.

I think CTR is going to field his best secondary yet this season, and it won't be close. Take away a lot of the big plays that we've gotten used to giving up these last 2 seasons, and the games become much less difficult. That, along with what you noted about the offense, gives us a couple games we didn't get in '09 IMO.

Oh, special teams should see significant improvement across the board, too, except maybe field goals.

Auburn fans have every reason to be excited about 2011.

Although we'll be considered an "underdog" in at least 8 games this season, there is not a game on our schedule we are incapable of winning. I'm tempted to say there are 3 games we are incapable of losing, but all I have to do is remember Michigan and App State from a few years ago to remember anything is possible.

That said, I think we'd have to try pretty hard to lose to Utah State, Samford or Fla Atlantic. Ole Miss should also be a win. I'm thinking that if we go 50-50 in the other 8, it will be a successful season. If young guys mature fast enough and we get a few breaks, I can see us stealing another win or 2.

With a conceivable SECCG and a bowl win, I see us ending up anywhere from 9-4 to 12-2, and I think we go into 2012 as a consensus preseason top-5 pick. Only having a new starting QB will prevent us from being the consensus #1.

Less than 10 wins and I'll be somewhat surprised. Some of the analysts may understand football but they obviously do not understand Auburn or have any sense of history.

Were I a betting man I'd fly to wherever and put down a bundle on all of those eight games we are favored to lose. We probably won't win all of them but we will certainly win well over half.

Archived