Rolando McClain...

buzzurd24

And his buddy,

10311657-large.jpg

Jerradius Willingham, 23, of Decatur was charged with third-degree assault in connection with the incident that happened about 10:20 p.m. Wednesday on the 1000 block of Skyview Street Southwest, police said. He has been released on $500 bond.

The victim, whose name was not released, told police that he got into a fight with Willingham Wednesday night. The victim told police who had responded to the call that he crawled to his car after the fight.

He said that when he reached his car McClain put a gun to his head while he was lying on the ground, police said.

"The victim reported that he begged McClain not to shoot him and that McClain took the gun away from his head, held it next to his ear and fired it," a police news release said.

Went to high school with both of these guys, and sadly that doesn't surprise me :no: McClain attracts a lot of trouble everytime he goes back to Decatur it seems.

How is that just a misdemeanor?

Took place with IN the state.

Anywhere else, it'd likely be a felony.

Does the REC provide protection to bammer players after they have used their college ellibility?

I thought the 'misdemeanor'charge WAS the protection. Favorable treatment by the good ol' updyke network.

Assuming he's paid back most of the cash he got while doing his time at updyke academy, the REC will likely find him a REAL lawyer, and not the polyester suited clowns they got for Harvey.

Does the REC provide protection to bammer players after they have used their college ellibility?

I thought the 'misdemeanor'charge WAS the protection. Favorable treatment by the good ol' updyke network.

Assuming he's paid back most of the cash he got while doing his time at updyke academy, the REC will likely find him a REAL lawyer, and not the polyester suited clowns they got for Harvey.

Funny you should mention cash. :roflol::roflol: :roflol:

So Plaxico Burress was punished pretty hard and was vilified by the national media because of his gun incident I'm wondering if the NFL will take similar action on Rolando.

dont forget a sympathetic UAt Judge...

I heard a national radio show talking about this. Didn't catch the full discussion,but they were making it seem that it was more than a misdemeanor , and that this was far more serious than was originally thought. The legal issues were only 1/2 the story. When the NFL commish gets the full report, of him holding a gun to the head of someone, and then pulling the trigger , firing near the guy, that's not going to sit very well. Multiple games suspended ,with out pay, at least. If not a full season.

I heard a national radio show talking about this. Didn't catch the full discussion,but they were making it seem that it was more than a misdemeanor , and that this was far more serious than was originally thought. The legal issues were only 1/2 the story. When the NFL commish gets the full report, of him holding a gun to the head of someone, and then pulling the trigger , firing near the guy, that's not going to sit very well. Multiple games suspended ,with out pay, at least. If not a full season.

I wish what yuu say is true but unfortunately under Alabama law nothing he did was more than a misdeameanor. I bet he gets no more than a one game suspension.

I wish what yuu say is true but unfortunately under Alabama law nothing he did was more than a misdeameanor. I bet he gets no more than a one game suspension.

If the news of this gets downplayed, ( likely in that state, with how the media is ) then maybe the NFL may think it best to let him skate with minimum penalty.

Giving him a harsher penalty ( 6 + game suspension ) would likely draw more attention, and give the NFL more bad PR. I think he should lose at least 4 games, if not more.

Alabama may play foolishly with this case, but the NFL will not. This is worse than the Burress case in their eyes, I'll bet you anything. If this had happened where plaxicos did, he would be headed for a harsher sentence or at least as bad as what plaixico received. I'll bet he gets a minimum year suspension. I'm sure he won't have the sense to stay away from Decatur. They have announced he won't play this weekend already. This guy is obviously a low life thug. The NFL will see that. They don't play around on something of this level. Who wants to cheer for this guy anyways?

Archived