Auburn vs. Alabama

Give up 3 more runs down 6-1 going to the top of the 8th. Loosing the series is bad--but to get swept. We do have the tie breaker against most teams in the west, but I hope it doesn't come down to the fact that we lost 3 games.

I think this is a pretty good indicator of how AU has not progresed over the past 4 years under this coach. To get swept by the worst Alabama team in who knows how long is ridiculous. Losing is part of this but how his AU teams are not sound fundamentally in fielding, baserunning and overall baseball knowledge is frustrating.

I think Gametracker just died. I am going back to the Masters. Happy Easter--He has risen.

Give up 3 more runs down 6-1 going to the top of the 8th. Loosing the series is bad--but to get swept. We do have the tie breaker against most teams in the west, but I hope it doesn't come down to the fact that we lost 3 games.

The tie breaker won't matter if we aren't tied with the leaders. I'm thinking the pickers were not far off when they picked Auburn to finish last in the West.

Coach Paw can, I believe, run a program and recruit well to his type of team. However, when the ump yells "Play Ball" he's clueless.

Why college players are getting frequently picked off base, why we try to bunt a runner to third with one out when second is called "scoring position" for a reason, why we would take a .330 RH hitter out of the lineup and pinch hit a .167 RH hitter for him in a clutch situation; these are questions that have no rational answer. After watching the same things for three-plus years, I'm rather sure that not much is going to change unless and until there is a coaching change.

The tie breaker won't matter if we aren't tied with the leaders. I'm thinking the pickers were not far off when they picked Auburn to finish last in the West.

Coach Paw can, I believe, run a program and recruit well to his type of team. However, when the ump yells "Play Ball" he's clueless.

Why college players are getting frequently picked off base, why we try to bunt a runner to third with one out when second is called "scoring position" for a reason, why we would take a .330 RH hitter out of the lineup and pinch hit a .167 RH hitter for him in a clutch situation; these are questions that have no rational answer. After watching the same things for three-plus years, I'm rather sure that not much is going to change unless and until there is a coaching change.

I have to agree. Game day coaching is almost juvenile. The bunts just amaze me. I know sacrifice bunts are part of the game, but my gosh he has AU bunting like I did one of my 9 yr old girls softball team.

I simply cannot understand why under any circumstances you would bunt with a man on second with one out trying to get an insurance run. With one out you have to have a base hit for that man to score. The odds of two at bats accomplishing this is much greater than one at bat. I have to believe that the other teams coaches have to snicker and thank the AU coaching staff for their decisions.

I am not trying to be a naysayer but unless something changes dramatically this year, it is time for a change. AU baseball is so much better than this.

i went to the lsu and belmont games both on sunday's and its frustrating cause we have em right where we want em, then we idk fall asleep or something, there have been rumors we are rebuilding but i am starting to question coach p's strategy rebuilding or not

Archived