James Willis

auburn4ever

I've been reading that $puat has hired Willis away from us. Is this true? if so, we're dead. Chizik won't last more than 2 years.

Really? This  sucks but why will Chizik be dead? Hopefully he is the type that will be even more determined to show Benedict Willis and Lucifer Saban has true grit...Who is lower, Willis or Saban?

Their in the same boat because their both losers. Jay Jacobs should be fired and fired NOW cause he did NOTHING to stop this.

Does losing Willis hurt us with any of our current commitments or posibilities?

I feel like it definitely hurts us.  We are now going to be set back with all of the recruits we were holding on to by Benedict Willis.  Hopefully our coaches can make up for his lack of commitment.

:banghead:  James "you picked a fine time to leave me Lucille" Willis  is a Bammer now, so he is dead to me!  >:(

I agree,..... he's dead to me too. I hope nothing but ill will comes his way. This is a detrimental blow to AU. Maybe not from a coaching standpoint, b/c I do believe that he is replaceable in his coaching abilities. However, he was our tie to the Mobile area, and any progress that he's made for us this year, especially since the HC fiasco, has been all for nothing. GO TO H*LL JW!

Don't you know Saban is getting a laugh out of this..It speaks volumes for his character and concern ,or lack thereof, to put Benedict Willis in this situation..Wouldn't a better person try to talk someone out of making a rash decision? Who knows when they starting talking.. He will never be welcomed back to The Plains and has also hurt his own reputation FOR LIFE...Idiot

I find it comical that JJ is always the whipping boy anytime something goes down.  You ever stop to think that Chizik may have been the one that decided not to put up a fight?  Maybe a fight was put up by JJ and/or Chizik and it still didn't help.  Nobody knows!

Whether it was over money or not, the timing of this decision seems planned to me. It is one thing to lose a coach to spuat but to lose one right before national signing day feels like he is purposely trying to hurt Auburn. I hope we beat that team from East Mississippi by 100 points or more next season. As for as Petey Smith, if he wants to follow a coach like that, spuat can have him.  :banghead:

I find it comical that JJ is always the whipping boy anytime something goes down.  You ever stop to think that Chizik may have been the one that decided not to put up a fight?  Maybe a fight was put up by JJ and/or Chizik and it still didn't help.  Nobody knows!

Well everyone's argument against JJ is because of the money situation in forcing Willis to give back his severance pay.  Doesn't make any sense, he was out of a job like a week at most.  I don't put all the blame on JJ, but Willis was thrown into some odd situations.  I am not trying to stand up for the guy, he is one of my most hated people at that school up the road, but I wish he and JJ had just spoken about stuff instead of just up and leaving.  This doesn't fall on JJ, except for the fact that he fired Tubs and got into this situation.  That can go back to being disputed all you want, but that fact is long gone and JJ is pretty clean on this one with Willis himself. 

Whoever's idea it was to ask for the $ back was not very bright on that one and it may very well have been JJ.  It all sounds like a lack of communication and feelings getting hurt and rash decisions.  Also, I don't think that Chiz was very high on Willis' LB coaching abilities.  He was never officially named LB Coach when they brought him back on.  There is way more to all this than any of us know, but for all this to fall straight down on one man's shoulders that I believe didn't even have a whole lot to do with it is ludicrous!

I said JJ was clean in this situation unless you want to go back to the Tubs letting go, resigning, firing, etc...  I don't know if Chizik was high on him or not and Willis made his own decision in this fate.  I don't think it falls on JJ either, it falls on Willis' shoulders by if it wasn't the job he wanted he should have left or discussed it with JJ and CGC and came out with an honest decision.  And regarding the firing stuff, I just saw your last post.  Don't want to rehash it either, and if you say what you know then all is good. 

You are right.  It falls on Willis.  He came back, knowing the situation.  Maybe they should not have asked for the $ back but he could have quit again then instead of now.  He went out on the recruiting trail as though everything was hunky damn dory and waited until now to leave.  There is no reason to blame it on JJ and Auburn in general because he knew how things go here the first time he was let go and still chose to come back.  I think it was as big an ego thing as anything else. 

Some things Id like to know 1. Does Benedict Willis aka Lucille have an agent? 2. Who contacted who first between BW and Bama? 3. When was contact made? Check BW cellphone, sure it was AU issued. 4. If BW or agent made the intial contact, why did he contact Bama and not another school?

I think BW (Benedict Willis) was entitled to keep any severance pay..He was fired / laid off ( if that was the main reason, which I dont think it was) ..But the decision he made against his Auburn Family is unforgivable...This is different than just coaching at a school..He was bound by a brotherhood as a player..

Chizik / JJ / Lowder I dont care, use this unfortunate turn of events to go out and get the absolute best LB coach ever...What is Dick Butkus doing?? Has LT straightened out?  Is Jack Lambert still alive???

Situations like this build character for Auburn...Think about Bamas Karma

War Eagle

FWIW, I've  been hearing there was definitely a middle man in this whole thing.  A guy "in the know" said we didn't want to know who that middle man was....

I wonder what that means. This is starting to sound like a "deal he couldn't refuse" scenario.

Id like to know who the middle man was...dont tell me "Tubbs Vader" , just kidding..

Speaking of which, what is Tubbs doing these days?

Once this information gets out, it should only dirty Bamas and Sabans reputation even more...We need Charles Barkley to get on TV for answers!!

I'd like to know who the middle man was too.....

Karma is a b*tch, and I, like so many of my auburn brothers would love to see bad things happan to Satan & Co, b/c of things like this and the dirty recruiting that has been rumored.

Archived