Blake in-home visit

hornsmd

It went well.  He loves our tradition and us being in the SEC, huge stadium and all, but I believe he will stay close to home with a coaching staff that has been in place for a while.  My prediction is that he goes with Texas Tech.  I sure hope I am wrong.  He bonded really well with players at TT.  I am just hoping maybe he isn't down with the flakiness of Leach and prefers a down to earth guy like Chizik because he seems to be a down to earth kinda kid, even though his dad played in the NFL.

D@mn I hate to hear that!!! This was the one big play receiver that I actually beleived we had a chance to land. :'(

Are there any big play receivers that we may have a shot at then? Maybe someone we can steal, or a sleeper that we haven't thought about yet? I really don't see us getting RR or the other kid from Bastrop. I would love to see us swoop in and land Pat Patterson. Man, ... him and Tyrik looked good together in the AA game.

From a Texas Tech board:  he's going to be on "Tech Talk" (Lubbock radio show, I reckon) on Monday.  I doubt he'd be going on air over their to say he's coming here, so.....

I think we have 2 BIG play WR's that are already committed.  See Travante Stallworth and LaVoyd James videos on youtube.  Granted they are not 6'3" and 210lbs, but they are quick and FAST.  Both guys are 5'10" 185 lbs, but make plays everytime they touch the ball.  We'll be alright without a Pro sized WR.  We'll have Philip Pierre-Louis, Harry Adams (hopefully is moved back to offense), Fannin & McCalleb at RB, with Trott and Lutzenkirchen over the middle.  The main piece of the puzzle will be for the OL to improve and one of the QB's to step up and be clearly the starter.

You are so right, man!  I mean, don't get me wrong.  You always need a number 1 or number 2 in the nation type player on your team, especially when they are tall, pro style, athletic recievers, but we have some playmakers coming here for this type offense.  We really need Phillips!  The line is so important.  We already have some great playmakers coming in at RB, also (aka. McCalebb, Jacobs), and plenty of playmakers already here.  At this point, the most crucial piece to the puzzle is OL, without a doubt.

Archived