Spider-Man 2 Video Game

I'm thinking of picking up the SpiderMan 2 Video Game for the XBox on Friday. Anyone play it yet? Is it worth it?

Thanks

It's a decent game. It's nothing spectacular but certainly a lot better than the original game. The city is huge and you can pretty much roam all over the place. It's somewhat like a GTA in the sense that you can do the planned missions or just roam around the city. It's at the very least a solid renter. I played it at a friend's house and I'm considering picking it up.

I'd rent it first; games like this aren't for everyone.

Duder, one of the things that I love about GTA are all the side missions. Does SM2 have these types of things? I understand that you can swing around and stop muggings/car jacking, is there anymore to it than that?

BG, did you play the first one? I thought it wasn't half bad for a superhero game.

Thanks for everyone's input, and Numa, I'm really looking forward to it, too!

Yeah, there are side missions. Technically, they are required to move on in the game, however they are things you just run up on while swinging around. People will have little marks over their head and you speak to them.

To continue in the story you have a few objectives and the requirement to get a certain number of "super hero points." You get points for completing your objectives, then you are left to fend for yourself. You go around the city and either here someone scream for help or talk to people to find something to fight. There are little challenges and such. You have do something like wall-sprint over a certain # of markers in a certain amount of time.

It's cool, but I'd definitely rent first.

Archived