WR Jeremy Richardson update

AUSportTalk

Richardson spent the weekend in Auburn. He left earlier today and Auburn gave him something to remember. He loves the coaching staff and said that Auburn was his #1 team right now!

**Huge news**

I don't think so rb, he got that message b4 the weekend if I'm not mistaken. sportstalk's sources may be good, but if they could tell the future, I'd be more than a little spooked.

I don't think so rb, he got that message b4 the weekend if I'm not mistaken. sportstalk's sources may be good, but if they could tell the future, I'd be more than a little spooked.

Haha yeah maybe he said he was gonna commit and he changed his mind and just named us the leader??

I've thought for a long while this kid was a lock for us, but apparently he wants to play the field.  Not that there's anything wrong with that; I'm just hoping he's not one of those kids who's milking the process for all it's worth to himself.  Stringing schools along, taking meaningless visits, etc., the hat game on signing day!! with the cameras there to capture his antics, etc etc.... 

One other (disturbing) thing.  According to Beaver, JR said "the coaches" told him he'd be the number one guy straight away....!?  I can hardly believe they'd tell him that, what with all the receivers that would be ahead of him when he gets on campus.  Is he reading into what was told to him, twisting things, hearing what he wants to hear?  Is he trying to screw with our recruiting of other receivers?  What would, say, Solomon Patton think if he reads that?  Or the Goodwin kid?  Or, as if we're going to pry him away from Mack Brown, Darius White...?  Our coaches - none of them - would make that promise, they just wouldn't.  They haven't made it to Lattimore or Seastrunk (I don't think), why would they make it to this kid?

:pcprobs: Commit!

Haha I feel your pain man. But I think the coaches are doing something brilliant. I truly think that they are telling the recruits that have given them "silent commitments" to keep quiet until around signing day. I think they want Alabama and LSU and Texas to think they are still in the running for these players as well as keeping the media out of the loop so when they actually commit to "lil' ole' rundown Auburn" , we set the entire recruiting world on fire. Might be a damn good way to lower the morale in Tuscalooser, too. Of course, this is just my speculation.

:we:

Sorry RB, usually I agree with you, but that sounds like a Bammer comment to me.........

LOL, sorry man..... I know that you're NO bammer. I was talking about this comment: "I think the coaches are doing something brilliant. I truly think that they are telling the recruits that have given them "silent commitments" to keep quiet until around signing day "..... I heard bammers say things like this, along with "Saban tells them when to give their commitment".....    Who knows, maybe I'm the one whose wrong...

Archived