Nick Fairley has been cleared to enroll at Auburn

I talked to him at the A-day game. This guy is huge!! It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't push for a starting role on that D-line....  :we:

OL...need him on the o-line big time.  He could be a season-changer on the o-line!

Yeah, he could help on the o-line but he is a pure defensive lineman and could be a HUGE impact All-SEC defensive lineman at year 2 if he starts out at D-line

Recruited as a guard, with plan to move to tackle, so I wouldn't go so far as to call him a "pure" defensive lineman.  With his size and speed (if he's kept the speed along with the weight gain) he'd be particularly effective on the o-side of the ball.  HUGEly effective!  And it'd be an easy sell to him (if he'd rather play defense, that is; I don't know what his thought is):  how many O-Tackles went in the first round this year....

He would make a wonderful o-lineman.  That being said, he is still a pure defensive lineman.  It is his natural position and all I hear is that they will leave him there.  I guess if they get desperate then they might do it but I doubt it.

Not questioning his defensive prowess, just that this, the offensive line, as we all know, is in the worst shape of any group on the team, and I think he'd provide a great need on this side of the ball.  That said, I'm all for the absolute best defensive team we can field, and if Fairley help greatly there, great!  Moreover, if I'm Coach Roof I'm fighting for incoming freshmen Jacobs and Kitchens for my linebacker rotation.

Kitchens? He is a 2010 recruit not 2009....also I doubt Jacobs qualifies....I hope he does but def in doubt on that subject

Yeah...um...about Kitchens...like um when he gets here...in '10...he should play...Seriously, Jacobs' eligibility is in question!?  First I've heard that.  What a shame! 

(Sorry.  "Denton" owns up to the brain cramp re: Kitchens.  Replied on wrong terminal.)

Archived