DeAngelo Benton Rumor

There are sources saying that De-Lo wants to play at Arkansas. I am currently trying to find out what is going on with De-Lo and Arkansas.

Here is the thread that was started and push pined on the Arkansas Rivals site

2d26bfp.jpg

from a source close to the situation: "I got a call from an Arkansas booster yesterday saying that Benton wanted out due to the fact that our offense was to run based and he does not think we have a quarterback good enough on roster to get him to the NFL quick enough. He also thought that Arkansas had a better offense to get him to the NFL quicker."

If he feels that strongly, why did he sign with us? he knew about out new staff. Bottom line is this, do we cut him free?

I am hearing all sorts of crazy stuff.  This one has legs, folks.  I just hope that there's nothing to it.  If we don't grant his release then it will be very hard for him to go anywhere, btw.

What would be the process for him to get released and then be able to play at Arkansas?  Would it be like a transfer and have to sit out a year?

According to several family sources very close to him say he has no doubt that Auburn is where he wants to be. They also stated that Auburn is where he is going to school.

His grandmother has been quoted as saying that he is going to school at Auburn and that he is staying there.  She said that he talked to his mother last night and seemed happy.

I hope he's a man of his word and stays at Auburn and gives coach Trooper a chance to coach him and bring the best out of DeAngelo and make him a better WR that the pros will notice.

Well them and uf are scared of what's coming just over the hill that decked out in orange and blue.

Archived