Ryan Ayers

bow9den

Part of it is that we're stacked with young talent in the defensive backfield.

I am not sure.  It just doesnt seem right to be losing CB's, especially since those seem to be Auburn's highlight.  I thought Tommy Thigpen was supposed to be a really good recruiter?  I dont want to step out of line somehow but maybe he just isnt as big of a name as the other defensive coaches.  Tracy Rocker got a guy to commit last year on a cold call and look what he did at Ole Miss.  Ted Roof has created great defenses wherever he was at (granted they mostly consist of Duke and Minnesota, but his GT defense was awesome).  It is very weird that Auburn is letting these players slip away.  It could also be that they are focusing too much on the offense and not remembering that defense wins championships.

Tuffy, I highly doubt CGC is forgetting about Def. Some guys just prefer other colleges to AU. We lose some and win some. I mean I noticed we were losing them at  the same position too, but we'll get ours.

I wouldn't exactly say we are losing anyone b/c nobody has signed a dotted line yet. Plus, just let them handle who they go after harder b/c they know who they want and I promise you if they want them back enough and believe we have a chance with them, they will be in Auburn uniform!

Archived