Cody Parkey

Rednilla

Seems like Wes Byrum was pretty highly rated coming in, but I'm not sure about stars. But Parkey has been committed since Tuberville's gang was around...it's good that Chiz and Co. kept him, but I don't know that they should get credit for it.

I know hes a kicker, but hes so small.

He's listed, at least on scout, as 6'1, 185. If that's what you call small, then sure, but I've seen highly rated defensive backs at 5'8 160...

I know hes a kicker, but hes so small.

He's listed, at least on scout, as 6'1, 185. If that's what you call small, then sure, but I've seen highly rated defensive backs at 5'8 160...

I know hes 6'1, but physically he just looks so small.  Most of those 5'8 DB's you are considering are pure muscle.  Kickers are typically lazy, and almost never put on muscle.  I know, I played for one of the best kickers in the country a couple of years ago (I graduated in 2008).  He had offers to kick for basically anywhere (even SEC schools like LSU, Ivy league too).  But his senior year he started messing up and had to settle for Memphis....anyway, he never did anything during practice but sit on his butt (literally) and flirt with the trainers. 

Archived