A question for the golfers

Has anyone played the Coosa Pines course off highway 280 near Childersburg? If so, how did you like it?

I am heading home in October and I'm looking for a good place (near Pell City) to play. The 2 courses in Pell City are members only clubs.

I hear there is another course in Oneonta. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Guest AuNuma1

I haven't played that one in Childersburg but if you could travel a little further up 280 to Harpersville you could play The Meadows. Fun little course, right off of 280 on the right.

Numa, did you take your trip to Gulf Shores yet? What courses did you get to play ?

PS - I can't help a lot with courses, I quit playing several years ago. Just not enough time. :(

But there is a Robert Trent Jones course in Birmingham and several good public courses in the area.

Thanks, Numa. I appreciate the info. I'll check it out when I get home.

Guest AuNuma1
Numa, did you take your trip to Gulf Shores yet? What courses did you get to play ?

I only had time to play the state course this time. It was so crowded it really wasn't much fun...hot as hell too.

Has the idea of a WEN golf tourney ever been thrown around?

I would love to get an annual tourney started...Golf is my Life! next to Auburn!!!

I would love to get an annual tourney started...Golf is my Life! next to Auburn!!!

Oooooo, yeah...bammers, republicans, driver in hand!!! :D

Thats a good idea. However due to my lack of experience on the golf course and my continueing efforts to make my first par..( no laughing, last August was the 1st time i ever picked up a golf club, so i havent even been playing a year) i would not participate but would help in anyway possible....

Thats a good idea. However due to my lack of experience on the golf course and my continueing efforts to make my first par..( no laughing, last August was the 1st time i ever picked up a golf club, so i havent even been playing a year) i would not participate but would help in anyway possible....

If you were to play in a WEN tournament you would find that just like everything else the members playing were not the experts they thought themselves to be. :D

Free of charge I will give you the best golf tip(s) you will ever receive.

Stay out of the woods!

Stay out of the water!

Make your putts!

Do those three things and you will have a chance. :D

I'd be for that.

If you were to play in a WEN tournament you would find that just like everything else the members playing were not the experts they thought themselves to be. :D

Free of charge I will give you the best golf tip(s) you will ever receive.

Stay out of the woods!

Stay out of the water!

Make your putts!

Do those three things and you will have a chance. :D

Well DUH heheheh I have always been a middle of the fairway driver until recently i ve developed a hook so FOREEEEE to the fairways on my right....

i write left handed but i do everything else right handed so golf is a right handed sport for me

I could give you some lessons....My middle name is "Tiger" LOL

No, seriously though, a tourney would be awesome.

$50 per person

4 person teams

Best Ball format

That would rake in a lot of money for WEN if we got more than a couple of people to sign up!!

Come on everybody...Lets make this happen!

And the prize for the first place team could be tickets to a game or something...

Guest AuNuma1
i write left handed but i do everything else right handed so golf is a right handed sport for me

Ah, so you're slicing the ball if it goes right. Hooks go far left.

i write left handed but i do everything else right handed  so golf is a right handed sport for me

Ah, so you're slicing the ball if it goes right. Hooks go far left.

egh i always get those confused and my brother corrects me everytime... thanks BRO lmao

I'll second the nomination of The Meadows in Harpersville. Coosa Pines is not bad but you have to deal with the stench of the paper mill right across the highway.

If you'd like to venture to Talladega, we have a municipal course known as "THE ROCK" and the old country club known as Timber Ridge. Both are open to the public. Might even catch me or WARTIM there.

I'll second the nomination of The Meadows in Harpersville. Coosa Pines is not bad but you have to deal with the stench of the paper mill right across the highway.

If you'd like to venture to Talladega, we have a municipal course known as "THE ROCK" and the old country club known as Timber Ridge. Both are open to the public. Might even catch me or WARTIM there.

Oh yeah, now I remember why I hated getting within 25 miles of Childersburg!! I almost forgot all about that paper plant.

I recall there was a golf course off Highway 77 just past the movie theater and old WalMart shopping center. Is that the Rock?

Not to get into a semantics argument or anything, but I always thought a slice was away from where you were standing and a hook was toward where you were standing...a left-hander's slice would be to the left and the hook would be to the right...vice versa for a right-hander. Kinda like hitters in baseball...right-handed hitters pull or hook the ball to left field, vice versa for left-handers.

Carry on...golf is a sport that I've enjoyed playing, but is too rich for my blood. I live over 600 miles away at any rate.

A slice for a righty will curve right as you face the hole. A hook for a righty will curve left as you face the hole.

It is the opposite for Lefties.

Archived