ST,Mayor,Brandon?

wardamnpjm

Hey guys with Marcus staying in state and DJ decommiting are we looking at any other backs for this class. The way I see it we should have a couple more scholorship spots open now that Latt and DJ are gone or am I wrong? I seem to remember the coaches saying way back when(earlier in the year)that they wanted to bring in at least two backs in this class. You guys think we get another or call it a day and pick up another blue chipper next year?

Guest simonsez

I personally dont think we need another but then again my name isnt Gene or Gus.  Dyer and Aycock are gonna light up the scoreboard next year

I personally dont think we need another but then again my name isnt Gene or Gus.  Dyer and Aycock are gonna light up the scoreboard next year

Don't forget Onterrio. :)

The fact of the matter is AU is already loaded up back there, and Latt just would've been the frosting to an already delicious cake. Let's lock up these kids who earn their keep by getting dirty in the trenches. That's where titles are won and lost

I realize we have other backs...Fannin,O-mac,Smith,and Aycok guys. My question is do you guys think we look for another back in this class? I seem to remember coach saying he wanted to take two in this class. By my count we have 28 commitments right now with DJ de-commiting. Five count towards last years class,leaving us with 5 spots......correct? With Lemonier and Jones the only other two(that I know of)left on our board that leaves three available spots right? I(and this is just MY opinion)don't like our chances with Lemonier but think Jones is AU all the way. If CL commits to FSU tommorrow that should leave us 6(if we dont get CL) open scholly spots,or am I off somewhere. With 5 or 6 open schollys will we look to take another back. ST or anybody that can clear this up for me I would appreciate it. Just trying to do the math here.Thanks

War :thumbsup:

The fact of the matter is AU is already loaded up back there, and Latt just would've been the frosting to an already delicious cake. Let's lock up these kids who earn their keep by getting dirty in the trenches. That's where titles are won and lost

Good post.  I agree totally!

We have people in mind like Ryan Smith and some other guys to fill those spots if they become available.

Thanks thats the answers I am looking for.Anybody else?

:wareagle: I think we should use scholarships on biggest needs DL and DB ,OL . I think we have filled needs in this class already but it can't hurt to build qaulity depth at these positions. If Wilder is that intrested in Auburn it could be good for us not to sign anymore backs in this class. Aycock will be a strong runner, as well as Dyer and Macaleb  as  a change of pace back. Our offense was much better with the threat of his speed on the outside putting pressure on LBs and DEs. We are more than ok at running back

There's always Anthony Gulley, the guy that got a TD against Furman on his first snap taken at RB ever at any level, including practice!  Stallworth does those funky runs where he hides behind a guard also.  Malzahn will make our run game work no matter who we have.

Archived