top 5

autigr50

That Top 5 class was based on quantity more than quality.  We aren't even ranked on Scout.  I'm not sure Hoop Scoop is a giant reliable source, I had never even heard of it until we were number 5.  Anyway, here's how you do the math, if you believe Hoop Scoop, according to a 5 star system:

5-Stars- 0

4-Stars- 1

3-Stars- 1

2-Stars- 0

1.5 Stars- 4

1 Star- 0

That ranking of #5 looks more and more suspicious. 

One problem that we have ran into with some of the recruiting sites in regards to this class is that they don't rank JC players.  Salter and Forbes are highly touted JC players to go along with Kemp, Payne, and Steele.  Houston's not too shabby himself.  Whether you put any credence into HoopScoop or not, you have to admit we have a pretty decent class coming in.  That's how I feel, anyways.  HoopScoop has indeed gained some credibility over the last few years, though.

One problem that we have ran into with some of the recruiting sites in regards to this class is that they don't rank JC players.  Salter and Forbes are highly touted JC players to go along with Kemp, Payne, and Steele.  Houston's not too shabby himself.  Whether you put any credence into HoopScoop or not, you have to admit we have a pretty decent class coming in.  That's how I feel, anyways.  HoopScoop has indeed gained some credibility over the last few years, though.

You may be right.  I'm just saying let's not keep Lebo on what will supposedly be a good recruiting class.  He's recruited a lot of "quality" players that either don't work out or leave. 

You may be right.  I'm just saying let's not keep Lebo on what will supposedly be a good recruiting class.  He's recruited a lot of "quality" players that either don't work out or leave. 

Oh yeah.  Totally understand where you are coming from.

Archived