One more question?

Auhsv

Will jj have the nerve to pull the trigger on Lebo?  If so, can he make a good hire.  He's only had to hire two coaches, Chizik and Pawlowski.  Both so far have been OK.  Can he pull off the big hire?  I don't think so.

First, I dont expect Jacobs to fire Lebo. I really expect Jacobs to give Lebo two more years. Second, I have very little confidence in Jacobs. I dont think he will even try to go after a quality coach. If he does go after a quality coach I dont think Jacobs has what it takes to get one hired.

Unfortunately you may be right.  The problem is with the restrictions the Pres. puts on him, we may never get the chance to see if he CAN hire a top notch guy.

Jay Jacobs should never been named our AD. He flat out doesn't know what the heck he's doing. If he keeps Lebo, then he proves my point again and again.

Jay Jacobs should never been named our AD. He flat out doesn't know what the heck he's doing. If he keeps Lebo, then he proves my point again and again

Absolutely right. Jacobs never should have been hired. As much as I want Lebo to go, I personally like him, but Ive never cared for Jacobs.

How in the world did JJ get the AD job? I say bring back David. At least David knew what the sam hill was going on.

Guest War Eagle 29

Will jj have the nerve to pull the trigger on Lebo?  If so, can he make a good hire.  He's only had to hire two coaches, Chizik and Pawlowski.  Both so far have been OK.  Can he pull off the big hire?  I don't think so.

Coach Chizik has been more than "OK" with an 8 win season and a New Years Day bowl game with a team short many scholarships and razor thin at many positions, followed by a top 5 recruiting class after only 1 year on the job. Jacobs hit an 0-2 pitch out of the park with that hire and I know he can do it again for our bball program.

Why in the heck is everybody hating on JJ?!!!!!!! I mean all we have done is watch what Chizik has done and we know we are headed into an era of AU history we may have never seen before and the baseball team is doing good right now and just b/c JJ hasn't pulled the trigger we're jumping on this deal?!!!!! Gimme a break! I mean how many people are eating crow about Chizik, and now the fact that our b-ball team just got a new $92.5 million arena we say fire him, I mean what's goin on? Wait until after the season!!! :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Coach Chizik has been more than "OK" with an 8 win season and a New Years Day bowl game with a team short many scholarships and razor thin at many positions, followed by a top 5 recruiting class after only 1 year on the job. Jacobs hit an 0-2 pitch out of the park with that hire and I know he can do it again for our bball program.

Why in the heck is everybody hating on JJ?!!!!!!! I mean all we have done is watch what Chizik has done and we know we are headed into an era of AU history we may have never seen before and the baseball team is doing good right now and just b/c JJ hasn't pulled the trigger we're jumping on this deal?!!!!! Gimme a break! I mean how many people are eating crow about Chizik, and now the fact that our b-ball team just got a new $92.5 million arena we say fire him, I mean what's goin on? Wait until after the season!!!

It is way to early to rate Chizik. Some Auburn fans have been acting like bammers after one year with Chizik. The jury is still out. What if we go 8-5 again next year. What if Chizik ends up being unsuccessful. What if he wins a national championship? To crown Jacobs as a genius for hiring Chizik after one year is way to premature. We cant rate the hire good or bad until after Chizik's 2nd or 3rd year.

If Lebo is kept, it will just show that the AD does not care about BB at AU.  Plain and simple.  No way would AU have kept a FB coach with similar record.  Lebo has been a disaster, and must go.

:wedance:

Yes, Chizik was 8-5 this past year and a Outbback bowl win over Northwestern, but what will he do in 2010, 2011 and behond? no one knows. Don't make this out to be a great hire by Jacobs until Chizik has won the SEC west, the SEC and a national championship.

If Lebo is kept, it will just show that the AD does not care about BB at AU.  Plain and simple.  No way would AU have kept a FB coach with similar record.  Lebo has been a disaster, and must go.

How does building a $92 mill basketball arena show that Auburn doesn't care about basketball? That makes about as much sense as saying JJ is a poor ADS when so far he's done just fine.

Let's get one thing straight. To say that you don't like Jay Jacobs or to say that you think he should be fired or should have never been hired or is doing a bad job is not "hating on Jacobs." There is a vast difference between "hating" someone and thinking they are not doing a good job.

well the season is almost over, so y'all will finally get your answer. I'm sure we will learn a lot more in these next few weeks.

I'm a little curious myself

I am too.  I know I have been very vocal the last two years in replacing Lebo, but the prospect of a new coach is always a scary thing.  I just want what's best for AU...I just feel in my heart that would mean parting with Lebo as our coach.

well the season is almost over, so y'all will finally get your answer. I'm sure we will learn a lot more in these next few weeks.

I'm a little curious myself

I am too.  I know I have been very vocal the last two years in replacing Lebo, but the prospect of a new coach is always a scary thing.  I just want what's best for AU...I just feel in my heart that would mean parting with Lebo as our coach.

It definitely makes you think about the fact that we have 4 seniors this year and we are 15-16... what will it be like next year with mostly young guys and a new class coming in. Can we be a 23 win team in just one year?

its not looking good im afraid. While I do want Lebo to return, if he is let go... I think I understand why... its actually pretty obvious

Archived