Auburn Hires Barbee

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well guys and gals.....I am ecstatic about this hire. He runs an offense that is very fun to watch and play in so.....that will make recruiting that much easier. Also, he coaches with a lot of passion and I believe he is exactly the kind of coach we need!!

I agree ST!!  It may not have been the SPLASH that some wanted.  But I think JJ got the right man for the job.  I am not only looking forward to football season, now I am looking forward to basketball season.  

Welcome Coach Barbee and Congrats to Jay Jacobs!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!

I am very happy with the hire! I had narrowed my personal choices to either, in no particular order,

1a- Sam Mitchell, or 1b- Tony Barbee. For some reason I just wasn't caught up in any of the other

names mentioned. I felt that either of these two had most, if not all, of the intangibles that we

were looking for at Auburn. I did somewhat desire to see Mitchell, but I am extremely pleased with

this choice. Once again, I think that JJ has made an excellant choice for our program. It is going to

be  a real pleasure to begin to field more than a football team and swimming team that are competitive

and championship minded! Now if we can just get our baseball team heading back in the right direction.

:wareagle:

This is exciting news for sure. Coach Barbee has solid credentials and will help bring Auburn basketball on par with other sports at Auburn. Jay Jacobs has impressed me with the hires he has made over the past couple of years. I was about ready to join in with the lynching mob after J. jacobs made at the time, a horrible choice for our new football coach. We all now know that hiring coach Chizik was a brilliant move on J. Jacobs part. We are well on the way of having teams in many sports that will compete for championships.

WDE

Doc

I agree.

I am excited for the new coach, even though I was not on board for him initially.

:wedance:

I have to say for the first time in 5 years, I am looking forward to the start of the AU BB season!

:happydance:

Stealing a que from the UTEP video, I would love to see when the team is announced at home games to have this song played:

Hate to be negative but..... Let's hope he didn't pick up his old boss' bad recruiting habits.

Calipari has been found to have recruited illegally?  How is he still coaching?

:dunno:

Like many have said not the big splash hire that many wanted, but a solid choice.  Barbee will bring energy and excitement and a high paced style of play.  He will be eager and should be a good recruiter in the future.  It will be interesting to see what he does with our team.  Man a lot of changes for the AU family in the last two years!  The future is definitely bright!  The next few years should be very exciting for us.

Ask  any Kentucky fan right now about Coach Cal,  and they will tell you he's as pure as the driven snow.  Mr. Teflon of the college coaching profession.

Ask  any Kentucky fan right now about Coach Cal,  and they will tell you he's as pure as the driven snow.  Mr. Teflon of the college coaching profession.

He must be, because so many claim he is a dirty coach, but I have yet to see where the NCAA has pegged him for wrongdoing.

:dunno:

I am greatly encouraged by what I am hearing about him already wanting to bring in some top notch recruits!  Sorry, but if a couple of Lebo's players have to hit the bricks because they don't fit the new coach's system, so be it.

Edited to clarify that I did not think of Lebo's players as losers.  "Lebo's Losers" was just a catchy phrase. 

It's so good to have such an energetic and recruiting oriented coach at the helm of our basketball team!

War Eagle!

Archived