Auburn Hires Barbee

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just about to post this as well. Sportalk called this earlier today but there wasn't a confirmation. Great hire, this Guy is an up and comer. War Eagle.

Just about to post this as well. Sportalk called this earlier today but there wasn't a confirmation. Great hire, this Guy is an up and comer. War Eagle.

I sincerely hope that he is everything he is billed as.  I hope it ushers in a new era of AU Basketball being on top.  I want him to be another Donovan, not Lebo 2.0

War Eagle Barbee!

:wedance:

This guy was someone I had been excited about from the beginning. I'm definitely happy and hope he can bring his recruiting prowess along with him to the Plains!

I think this is a pretty decent hire. Barbee was at 5 on my list. I would have liked Alford, Turgeon, or Brad Stevens, but I am still very excited about this hire. Hopefully he can help return us to relevance.

I think this is a pretty decent hire. Barbee was at 5 on my list. I would have liked Alford, Turgeon, or Brad Stevens, but I am still very excited about this hire. Hopefully he can help return us to relevance.

I agree.  I have been on record wanting a splash hire of a coach like Tubby or Anderson.  Barbee was not high on my list, but I will support him and hope he takes us to the top.

Well guys and gals.....I am ecstatic about this hire. He runs an offense that is very fun to watch and play in so.....that will make recruiting that much easier. Also, he coaches with a lot of passion and I believe he is exactly the kind of coach we need!!

Archived