ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

There's been talk about possibly trading Escobar and McLouth. I know the Blue Jays have been interested in trading their starting ss for Yunel and Ive heard rumors that Mclouth's name has popped up. What do you guys think about that?

Personally I think trading Escobar would be ridiculous. He's just about as good as anybody on the field and his bat will heat up eventually. As for McLouth, I could take him or leave him

There's been talk about possibly trading Escobar and McLouth. I know the Blue Jays have been interested in trading their starting ss for Yunel and Ive heard rumors that Mclouth's name has popped up. What do you guys think about that?

Personally I think trading Escobar would be ridiculous. He's just about as good as anybody on the field and his bat will heat up eventually. As for McLouth, I could take him or leave him

McLouth may be hard to move. He has had injury problems too much it seems.

Has to be Mclouth.  Really, with the way Gregor has stepped in, Matt Diaz, Melky, Heyward, etc, there is really not much room.  X2 on it being hard to move him.  He hasn't been the same for a few years.  Getting rid of Yunel would be about as dumb as trading Prado or Tommy Hanson.  Those guys are the future of your ball club.  They have groomed Yunel and really took some of the rookieish personna he had early on and made him a true major league caliber player.

Yeah if they trade Escobar what would they get? You're really not gonna get a better defensive ss than him and once his bat heats up he's about as good as it gets. Sure he might have some attitude problems but so far I haven't seen anything alarming at all this year, except for maybe getting down on himself.

As for Nate, after seeing his production lately I'd love to see him leave but as its been said he doesn't hold much stock. That's the problem with all the guys we'd like to see leave. Him, kk, even Lowe. Lowe and kk's salaries add up to over 23 mil. Who's gonna take that for two middle of the road pitchers? No one. If I remember correctlt Nate's salary is pretty high as well but I can't seem to find it.

With Heyward healthy I like the way our outfield looks. Heyward starting, and this is gonna sound a bit crazy, but have Diaz in left and Melky at center against lefties and Hinske and Blanco against righties

Lowe is the highest paid player on our roster.  If Chipper retires, Yunel will be due for a BIG raise.  As will Jason Heyward.  I'd hate to see Lowe move on.  I think he's pitching below his stature at the moment, but lets see how the 2nd half goes. 

http://www.altiusdirectory.com/Sports/mlb-atlanta-braves-roster.php

Nate's salary = 5 mil.

Kawakami = 7.3 mil ?

D. Lowe = 15 mil (highest paid player on the team)

I don't know how long we have them locked up for but I don't see the Braves using too much of this money on new players because there are a lot of players on this team right now that are a bargain and soon will be asking for more money.

Examples: Prado, Hanson, Escobar, Medlen, and Jurrjens all making less than 500K.

Can someone explain to me why, with 2 outs, man on first, and a right handed pitcher, we pitch to Ryan Howard??? I mean really, walk him and bring up Werth, who is nowhere near as dangerous as Howard.  :banghead:

dang right about keeping it on the phillies.  we need them to dig a hole they can't get out of....

glad to see diaz back out there crushing it!  remember what I said about if he comes back and gets on a streak.  Nate will be put on the road.  I don't know what we need though.  Omar is an EXCELLENT utility man. 

Hopefully we can take 2 of 3 from the mets and ride with a comfortable lead to ASG.  Then we get JHEY back.  Go Bravos!

Wow!  I figured Minor was untouchable but Gammons just tweeted something about us being interested in a Hart for Minor deal.  Interesting...

Really wow hard to believe that but we shall see.

Can never have enought pitching. Braves have always done a good job of keeping their good minor league pitchers. They do a great job of training and working with young pitchers.

Yeah you never can have too many good pitchers, so I'm gonna leave this one where it is and trust in what the staff decides to do.

On a different note after yesterday's win the Braves will go into the asg with at least a share of the division lead even if we are swept by the mets. This is probably the most important series we've faced in a while. Do well and see see our lead skyrocket, do poorly and it all but falls away

Who will be the closer next year with Wagner retiring? He's dead set on it.

That's a very good question. If it's someone who is currently on the atlanta's roster right now, maybe saito? Honestly I would love to see Venters getting some closing action. The kid's been lights out lately and IMHO outside of Billy he is the gem of our bullpen

This next series has some interesting pitching matchups. Hanson (8-5, 4.19 ERA) vs. Dickey (6-1, 2.62 ERA), Hudson (8-4, 2.44 ERA) vs. Pelfrey (10-3, 3.39 ERA), and Lowe (9-7, 4.40 ERA) vs. Santana (6-5, 3.15 ERA). That last one scares me a bit, but if they all are on their game we should have TOO much of a problem. Why does there have to be an off-day today? I need some baseball now