Question for someone who has a clue?

Basketball walk-ons.  Do walk-on players count toward the limit placed on collegiate teams? And is it 13 scholarship players or just 13 players on a team?  I ask cause it seems to me we have  a few walk-ons on the bball team now (which I don't know if Lebo granted them a scholarship or not) but wouldn't this allow Ward to transfer w/ aschlarship and not have to sit out?  And if they didn't receive a scholarship why do we have to count them?  For instance, football this year we had 62 scholarship players but we also had a lot walk-ons but they didn't count unless they had been given a scholarship.  Therefore, we didn't reach our limit of 85 scholarship players but allowed many walk-ons.  I hope I didn't confuse anyone with my questioning.   

Basketball walk-ons.  Do walk-on players count toward the limit placed on collegiate teams? And is it 13 scholarship players or just 13 players on a team?  I ask cause it seems to me we have  a few walk-ons on the bball team now (which I don't know if Lebo granted them a scholarship or not) but wouldn't this allow Ward to transfer w/ aschlarship and not have to sit out?  And if they didn't receive a scholarship why do we have to count them?   For instance, football this year we had 62 scholarship players but we also had a lot walk-ons but they didn't count unless they had been given a scholarship.  Therefore, we didn't reach our limit of 85 scholarship players but allowed many walk-ons.  I hope I didn't confuse anyone with my questioning.     

You can have 13 scholly players in basketball. Walk-ons don`t count agains`t that number. In football you can have 85 scholly players. Again walk-ons don`t count against. In SEC games you can only dress out I believe 70 players per game whether on scholly or walk-ons. In non-conference football games you can generally dress as many players as you wish to unless an agreement in the contract with a particular limits both teams to a certain amount. Since no one knows if Ward is actually considering transferring and the fact that we have no slot available right now to me makes even talking about him at this time a moot point.

Walkons don't count in any numbers game. We currently have 7 scholarship players and 6 signees, which fills the total of 13 scholarship players that are allowed.

The signees technically won't count until they enroll in class, but for planning purposes you have to consider that we have the full 13 for next year. If Barbee signs another prospect, somebody will have to go elsewhere before class starts. Either a current player or one of the signees will be out.

Walkons don't count in any numbers game. We currently have 7 scholarship players and 6 signees, which fills the total of 13 scholarship players that are allowed.

The signees technically won't count until they enroll in class, but for planning purposes you have to consider that we have the full 13 for next year. If Barbee signs another prospect, somebody will have to go elsewhere before class starts. Either a current player or one of the signees will be out.

Well said MikeP. Wish I could be that brief sometimes.

Thanks MikeP and clong for the info.  My head is less cluttered!!!  War Eagle!!!

no problem; wish mine was less cluttered.

Archived