Softball Regional Game 1

around4ever

There's some good looking Lady Tigers on that team.  I'm an old man, don't do that to me!!!

Two crucial mistakes for us in this game.  The base running mistake just now on 3rd.  And not bunting after White's leadoff double in the 4th.  That one cost us a run. 

Auburn leaves 7 runners in scoring position.  We make two crucial base running mistakes on 3rd.  Oregon gets one runner in scoring position all day and pushes her across with a squeeze bunt.  We lose 1-0.  We've go to play better tomorrow girls.  WDE!!!

These are college players and coaches! If I were coaching a team of 10 year olds and they made those two mistakes on third, it would call for a lot of extra base running practice tomorrow. Maybe a half-hour of reviewing the basics.

Hard to tell if those were runner's mistakes or coaching mistakes. As elementary as both were I have to blame both coach and runners. Either one doing a good job could have prevented those two outs.

It's a shame Anna had to lose after pitching that great game.

These are college players and coaches! If I were coaching a team of 10 year olds and they made those two mistakes on third, it would call for a lot of extra base running practice tomorrow. Maybe a half-hour of reviewing the basics.

Hard to tell if those were runner's mistakes or coaching mistakes. As elementary as both were I have to blame both coach and runners. Either one doing a good job could have prevented those two outs.

It's a shame Anna had to lose after pitching that great game.

You are right.  There is no way Anna should lose that game as well as she pitched.  I have to blame the base running blunders on both coach and players.  I do blame the no bunt call with one strike on Eisterhold after White had a leadoff double on the coach. She popped up foul to the 1B.  A sac would move White to 3rd with 1 out.  She would have scored on the slow ground ball to short by Cartwright.   

We are crushing Jax State. Just got a grand slam!!! :wareagle: :wareagle:

Next up is GT. I hope these girls are up to that challenge. It's gonna be a long day for them.

:believe:

Archived