Celtics Vs Lakers!

Guest Autiger88

i wanna retract my statement of Lakers in 7 and say Lakers in 5.

Same here, dont see the Celtics winning 3 games after that performance. Lakers in 6

Well, Pau Gasol is running his mouth, so hopefully LA will be up 2-0 heading back to Boston.

They need to steal one their and close it out in game 6. I would love to see them do it in 5. Boston is tough in the garden.

I want to see Boston win the series but they are not that tough in the garden because their away record is better than their home record.

Same here, dont see the Celtics winning 3 games after that performance. Lakers in 6

Well, Pau Gasol is running his mouth, so hopefully LA will be up 2-0 heading back to Boston.

They need to steal one their and close it out in game 6. I would love to see them do it in 5. Boston is tough in the garden.

I want to see Boston win the series but they are not that tough in the garden because their away record is better than their home record.

I dont see the Lakers losing at Staples. They havent this whole playoffs

unfortunately, nope. Lakers're gonna win.  :-\

Any other Boston fans on here notice how throughout the playoffs they NEVER go after offensive rebounds? It seems to me that everytime a shot goes up from anywhere outside the paint, all 5 on the floor start backing up to defend rather than even trying to get the offensive rebound to put it in. I'm so sick and tired of seeing this.

Any other Boston fans on here notice how throughout the playoffs they NEVER go after offensive rebounds? It seems to me that everytime a shot goes up from anywhere outside the paint, all 5 on the floor start backing up to defend rather than even trying to get the offensive rebound to put it in. I'm so sick and tired of seeing this.

I haven't notice that so much but I am really tired of them always going to Pierce when the game is on the line. I know he is the franchise player but everyone knows they are going to him. Game 5 of the Eastern finals belonged to Boston if Garnett or Allen shoots in the final minute. Allen was on fire that night and Pierce can't get off a shot because they are all over him. I hate to say it but I would be surprised if Boston takes this to 7 games. I am not sure they will get it past 5. LA is very tough this year.

I haven't notice that so much but I am really tired of them always going to Pierce when the game is on the line. I know he is the franchise player but everyone knows they are going to him. Game 5 of the Eastern finals belonged to Boston if Garnett or Allen shoots in the final minute. Allen was on fire that night and Pierce can't get off a shot because they are all over him. I hate to say it but I would be surprised if Boston takes this to 7 games. I am not sure they will get it past 5. LA is very tough this year.

I completely agree. I think Allen is Boston's best offensive option. In the 4th quarter, they should be going to Allen, not Pierce

oh no they def arent losing at Staples. They are a different animal when they play there.

Go Boston... ::)

GO LAKERS... :)

OH YES YESSSSSS how did that "homecourt" advantage taste to you?  :laugh:

Bada ba da daa, I'm lovin it!

Go Boston... ::)

GO LAKERS... :)

OH YES YESSSSSS how did that "homecourt" advantage taste to you?  :laugh:

Bada ba da daa, I'm lovin it!

Virtual high five!

Well after tonight I'm still sticking with the Celts in 6. The Lakers are in trouble like they haven't seen since '08. If they get Pierce, Garnett, and Allen (or even 2 of the 3) going at the same time they could sweep from here on and close in 5. Yet this is a good series and I'll stick with the 6. For some reason I like that number. 

The advantage is now in the hands of the celtics... but I can promise you one thing...  yall can write this down... Ray Allen just shot his best performance of the series... and that might spell trouble for the celtics later on.

The Refs in game three will give the edge to the lakers and Kobe every time he touches the ball... Kobe is my favorite player, but sometimes he plays dirty, and like a sissy with his cry baby whining. This past game in the Staples Center is a prime example of how dirty the playoff's can get. Paul Pierce is a great player, but come on guys, he travels every time he touches the ball. I mean he travels the world... if real refs were on the floor, I could Guard him. (Gasol, while talented, is a giant *****.) - who has to stretch the foul every time. Hes a dramatic big man. He fouls somebody and then stands in their face like its their fault... why? its his fault. lol... what an idiot.

At least Phil Jackson is an old man and he sits on the bench... he may start a fire with the media... but what do you expect? hes old.

Dont get me started on Doc Rivers... hes the Energizer Bunny gone bad... he sits on the bench waiting for one call to go against the celtics, and he explodes to the point that he has to hop step across the court at a pivotal point in the game to call a time out. - Yall saw it, he looked like "Steve Martin in Parent Hood when his son caught the game winning catch in baseball" --- easily 20 feet on the court, but no foul for that action" At least in football there is a sidline warning.

In fact both teams are dirty as hell and I hate watching basketball at this level. Guys, if you want to watch Basketball at its best, then please refer to Roy Williams North Carolina Team that ha s won 2 national titles in 5 years... or the Duke basketball team under Coach K, who just won his 4th National Title since 1992. (Or watch him coach the Olympic team to a gold medal.)

The NBA sucks.

whining, money, and well money rules the NBA.

I wish I didnt care :(

Celtics win series... but go Lakers.

The advantage is now in the hands of the celtics... but I can promise you one thing...  yall can write this down... Ray Allen just shot his best performance of the series... and that might spell trouble for the celtics later on.

The Refs in game three will give the edge to the lakers and Kobe every time he touches the ball... Kobe is my favorite player, but sometimes he plays dirty, and like a sissy with his cry baby whining. This past game in the Staples Center is a prime example of how dirty the playoff's can get. Paul Pierce is a great player, but come on guys, he travels every time he touches the ball. I mean he travels the world... if real refs were on the floor, I could Guard him. (Gasol, while talented, is a giant *****.) - who has to stretch the foul every time. Hes a dramatic big man. He fouls somebody and then stands in their face like its their fault... why? its his fault. lol... what an idiot.

At least Phil Jackson is an old man and he sits on the bench... he may start a fire with the media... but what do you expect? hes old.

Dont get me started on Doc Rivers... hes the Energizer Bunny gone bad... he sits on the bench waiting for one call to go against the celtics, and he explodes to the point that he has to hop step across the court at a pivotal point in the game to call a time out. - Yall saw it, he looked like "Steve Martin in Parent Hood when his son caught the game winning catch in baseball" --- easily 20 feet on the court, but no foul for that action" At least in football there is a sidline warning.

In fact both teams are dirty as hell and I hate watching basketball at this level. Guys, if you want to watch Basketball at its best, then please refer to Roy Williams North Carolina Team that ha s won 2 national titles in 5 years... or the Duke basketball team under Coach K, who just won his 4th National Title since 1992. (Or watch him coach the Olympic team to a gold medal.)

The NBA sucks.

I completely agree with almost everything you said.

The one thing I dont agree with is you saying both teams are dirty. This is professional basketball, in the Finals, and its a rivalry. Theyre playing hard, and every game is gonna get heated in a rivalry because the teams hate each other. I mean, while Duke and UNC may play the purest, best basketball, when they play each other it gets dirty because its a rivalry and they hate each other. While they may respect each other off the court, once it gets on the court each team will do whatever it takes to win

The NBA sucks.

I completely agree with almost everything you said.

The one thing I dont agree with is you saying both teams are dirty. This is professional basketball, in the Finals, and its a rivalry. Theyre playing hard, and every game is gonna get heated in a rivalry because the teams hate each other. I mean, while Duke and UNC may play the purest, best basketball, when they play each other it gets dirty because its a rivalry and they hate each other. While they may respect each other off the court, once it gets on the court each team will do whatever it takes to win

but let me ask you something... Dont you agree that the team that keeps its cool will have a better chance to win the series? Or the game? Do you remember maybe... 2 years ago when Gerald Henderson for Duke jumped over two guys and Smashed Tyler Hansbroughs face in? I mean it was ugly.... havent seen a viscious face hit like that in a long time.

What saddens me about that particular situation is that Carolina was up pretty big and the game was over.

My point is... I agree with you on the fact that its the playoffs against a heated rivalry... but players like Kobe have to be smarter. The lakers really missed him during that 6 minute drought in the 3rd quarter. I believe the lakers were tied with boston at 82 entering the 4th. I think if Bryant was on the court during that time, they at least would have had a few extra defensive stops, or a few more scores. Hes their leader and he completes the team.

Considering the Lakers current predictament, if Kobe is able to lead them to a championship... especially with the next 3 games in Boston... I think it would put a final chapter in his career as one of the greatest, if not the greatest basketball player ever.

I know Jordan's name will come up... and everybody will say hes better.

Perhaps he is... but not before Kobe Bryant's name is right beside Jordan's in the record books.

GA- you wanna bring up a coach running onto the court to grab the attention of the ref to call a last second time-out... Ummm.... did you see Jack Nickelson standing on the court to question a refs call? If anything LA should've received a technical for that. Also, of course Ray Allen shot his best game for the series. He shot nearly the best game in playoff history breaking his own record for hitting 3's. The main thing I'm 100% with you on in Gasol. He disgusts me! Sill not sure LA won't bounce back. I have a feeling they take at least 1 game back in the Garden. Nevertheless, GO CELTICS!!!

GA- you wanna bring up a coach running onto the court to grab the attention of the ref to call a last second time-out... Ummm.... did you see Jack Nickelson standing on the court to question a refs call? If anything LA should've received a technical for that. Also, of course Ray Allen shot his best game for the series. He shot nearly the best game in playoff history breaking his own record for hitting 3's. The main thing I'm 100% with you on in Gasol. He disgusts me! Sill not sure LA won't bounce back. I have a feeling they take at least 1 game back in the Garden. Nevertheless, GO CELTICS!!!

I actually did not see Nickelson do that... wow that is kinda crazy. Im not picking on Doc Rivers... but if I have seen Nickelson do that I may not have brought my argument up.

Either way... the NBA basketball players are the biggest group of crybabies in sports existence. If NFL players are just as bad... at least they have helmets on so you cant see their faces that well.

I actually did not see Nickelson do that... wow that is kinda crazy. Im not picking on Doc Rivers... but if I have seen Nickelson do that I may not have brought my argument up.

Either way... the NBA basketball players are the biggest group of crybabies in sports existence. If NFL players are just as bad... at least they have helmets on so you cant see their faces that well.

Obviously you've never watched soccer.....i love soccer, its my favorite sport that i play, but the pros whine about every little foul :'( its rediculous

Obviously you've never watched soccer.....i love soccer, its my favorite sport that i play, but the pros whine about every little foul :'( its rediculous

Oh I havent watched much soccer in my time. Not long enough to notice any arguing. I actually like the sport, I just never see it on tv. I guess Pro BBALL and SOCCER have something in common with the whining, other than the running around.

AMM-- how many miles do you think you run during a single soccer game? If soccer periods were 12 minutes like basketball... would they be close to the same milage, or is SOCCER way more?

Oh I havent watched much soccer in my time. Not long enough to notice any arguing. I actually like the sport, I just never see it on tv. I guess Pro BBALL and SOCCER have something in common with the whining, other than the running around.

AMM-- how many miles do you think you run during a single soccer game? If soccer periods were 12 minutes like basketball... would they be close to the same milage, or is SOCCER way more?

Thats a good question, i get asked that alot actually since i play both. As for the milage in soccer, i depends on the position. This year, I played left defensive back and center midfield. I didnt run that much when i played defender, but at midfielder i probably ran about 4-5 miles in a 80 min game. Professionals play longer games and on bigger fields, and they average about 7 miles per game, so id say 4-5 for me is about right.

As for the comparison between soccer and basketball, soccer is much more milage than basketball because in soccer, youre jogging for most of the game. In basketball, there's alot of time to stand and not move. But, i think basketball is more tiring. Basketball-shape and soccer-shape are completely different. In soccer, youre usually in one gear, and you dont have to change your speed that much. In basketball, you stop and go at such a fast pace. The fast pace in basketball and the constant acceleration and changing of direction makes it more tiring IMO than soccer, while in soccer you run more, miles-wise

You actually summed it up for me... I have never played organized soccer. My brother did play and he was pretty good... he also plays basketball like me and I had never thought to ask which sport was more tiring.

I see your points on both, and I think that is pretty cool.

I'll tell you one thing though... if you dont work out for a while, especially not keeping up with your running... and you decide to play softball.

You will be one sore mother the next day... Arms and Legs. The lactic acid in my muscles was unreal. I mean I almost cried.

I guess in softball you do far less running, but when you do run... its almost always a sprint. If your muscles are not prepared =  :'(

I played soccer for several years. Mostly in high school. When I did play, I would run close to 12 miles/day in practice. Our forwards averaged probably close to 6-6.5 in a game. I'm 6'4", at the time 200 lbs (now 240) so I was relativley large in comparison to most high school soccer players. I played sweeper mostly which is the last defender in front of the goalie, but I was still the 3rd leading scorer on the tean. There was a ton of running back and forth for me. I would say close to 4.5-5 per game.

Archived