Pitching

Who is starting tomorrow?

Mabey you should warm up.. :).Good question, we may need to score in double didgets to win again tomorrow,we seem to do well in slugfests.Our staff is pretty worn out.

I would think we have to be thin on SP. We just went through 4 starters in three days. We are going to have score a bunchhhhhh tomorrow IMO. (I would love to get a 3-2 Win though)

What about Dexter Price? He had done real well during the week but I haven't seen him in awhile. If Jon Luke is healthy then maybe him. Good thing is we went through Clemson pitching as well so we're both going to be down to the bottom of the barrel. Get ready for another crazy one!

You have to start feeling that the combination of heart and magic this team has displayed will give us a great chance to win tomorrow. Most likely it is not who starts but who all is ready to pitch as several could do so...

They interviewed the pitching coach after the game and he said Dexter or Jon Luke and named another guy as a possibility. I think we can hit whoever they throw at us. We just have to pitch somewhat decent and MAKE a play in the field.

I don't know the individuals as well as our coaches do. If there is an abnormal health problem my plan would, of course, be off.

I do have considerable experience with tournament baseball.

It's late in the season and the pitchers should be in top shape. For tomorrow, Slade Smith and Hubbard are pretty much out.

I'd start Luckie and hope he can get us to the seventh inning. He'll have a full two days rest and should be ready to go.

If Luckie gets us to the seventh and starts to weaken, I bring in Dayton and let him finish up. Grant Dayton will have one full day's rest and should be able to go three innings with no trouble.

If we do other than that we'll need 15+ runs to win this thing.

I expect Clemson to come back with their Friday starter and have that badazz we saw last night ready if needed.

I'd be pretty surprised if either of yesterday's starters came back tomorrow. Their guy threw a complete game and Grant threw over 130 pitches I believe. It's possible, but I'd really doubt it. I'd imagine we will see at least some of both Friday starters, though who knows how much juice they'll have.

I don't know the individuals as well as our coaches do. If there is an abnormal health problem my plan would, of course, be off.

I do have considerable experience with tournament baseball.

It's late in the season and the pitchers should be in top shape. For tomorrow, Slade Smith and Hubbard are pretty much out.

I'd start Luckie and hope he can get us to the seventh inning. He'll have a full two days rest and should be ready to go.

If Luckie gets us to the seventh and starts to weaken, I bring in Dayton and let him finish up. Grant Dayton will have one full day's rest and should be able to go three innings with no trouble.

If we do other than that we'll need 15+ runs to win this thing.

I expect Clemson to come back with their Friday starter and have that badazz we saw last night ready if needed.

Mike, I'm not sure either one of those would be ready to start.  I think Luckie may be available to eat up an inning or two.  I think you start Price, Jacobs, Hurst or even Ray.  But you will probably see them all before it is over.  

I'd be pretty surprised if either of yesterday's starters came back tomorrow. Their guy threw a complete game and Grant threw over 130 pitches I believe. It's possible, but I'd really doubt it. I'd imagine we will see at least some of both Friday starters, though who knows how much juice they'll have.

I think with two days rest the Friday guys should be as good to go as ever. The Saturday guys are borderline. If he's a tough guy, he pitches. If he's had a history of arm problems, maybe not.

I think with two days rest the Friday guys should be as good to go as ever. The Saturday guys are borderline. If he's a tough guy, he pitches. If he's had a history of arm problems, maybe not.

I don't know the exact pitch count, but they threw alot of pitches.  I don't know how the pitchers work after a start.  They may normally throw on the third day after a long start.  If that is the case Luckie may be alright to throw a few innings.  I don't expect to see Dayton at all though. 

Slade started today though and he threw quite a few pitches to jsu so you really never know

He only threw about 40 pitches against JSU.  I think he threw about 70 today.  I'm not sure though.

Slade only threw about 40 pitches or so though. Grant threw 130. That is a ridiculous number and was his career high. I guess you never know. It's all on the line, so I won't rule it out, but my mind would be blown if Grant pitches tomorrow, or Harman either for that matter. Let's hope that Dexter and Jon Luke have been throwing on the side a good deal, because neither has thrown in a game in a while.

I don't know the exact pitch count, but they threw alot of pitches.  I don't know how the pitchers work after a start.  They may normally throw on the third day after a long start.  If that is the case Luckie may be alright to throw a few innings.  I don't expect to see Dayton at all though. 

As a general rule I agree with your assessment. However, tomorrow will be desperate times and desperate times call for desperate measures. If Clemson wanted to make a deal and nobody uses Friday or Saturday starters I'd be delighted. That would bring it down to a slug-fest and it's pretty clear we can win that, even with Clemson playing great defense like they did today.

Guess I was wrong. The only way we'll see Grant Dayton is if he's like superhuman or we're getting killed. I still don't see a problem with starting Luckie though, at least for a few innings

Guess I was wrong. The only way we'll see Grant Dayton is if he's like superhuman or we're getting killed. I still don't see a problem with starting Luckie though, at least for a few innings

Luckie should be able to go a full nine if the pitch count doesn't get much over 125. Some major league pitchers prefer to work on two days rest rather than three.

Archived