Another "Band of Brothers" member outed.

DKW 86

Link

Alston, who spoke at the DNCas "an expert on Kerry's leadership," was never even with Kerry nor attached to his command!!!

On June 24th of this year, ABC ran a story on the action that gained John Kerry a Silver Star. ABC's Jake Tapper spoke at length with Kerry's crew members, including David Alston, who is quoted at length in the narrative. Alston makes it clear that he participated in this action, which took place on February 28th, 1969:

Since Kerry will not talk about the day he killed a man, four of Kerry's crewmates from the Navy Swift boat he commanded sat down with Nightline to try to explain what happened, though not one was eager to revisit the events of that day. ...

Alston recalled: "I know when John Kerry told Del to beach that damn boat, this was a brand-new ball game. We wasn't running. We took it to Charlie." ...

The article also quotes Fred Short as one of the crew on the boat that day, even though Short had been a replacement for Alston. Had Alston returned to PCF-94 by 28 February, he could have simply replaced someone else, of course. However, the Boston Globe has documentary evidence of Kerry's crew for the Silver Star action as part of a pictographic look at the life and times of John Kerry. Here is a picture of Kerry's crew for the action which won him the Silver Star:

05.jpg

The Globe caption for this picture:

Sailors stand together in An Thoi, Vietnam, on February 28, 1969, after a medal presentation for Silver Star action. From left: Del Sandusky, John Kerry, Gene Thorson, Thomas Belodeau. Kneeling from left, Mike Medeiros, Fred Short.

Alston is African-American.

Alston was sent to Cambodia by Richard Nixon, that's why he isn't in the picture...

Was that in December of 1968?

Am I right?

Alston was sent to Cambodia by Richard Nixon, that's why he isn't in the picture...

Am I right?

No, the picture was taken in Feb '69. And I was making a smartass comment...

Am I right?

No, the picture was taken in Feb '69. And I was making a smartass comment...

As was I.

Two SAs here on AUN/WEN, who knew? ;)

Archived