Kerry's newest `nuance'

Tigermike

Kerry's newest `nuance'

By Boston Herald editorial staff

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Sen. John Kerry is making it way too much fun for President Bush on the campaign trail these days - feeding him more good lines than the president's own speechwriters.

Prodded earlier by Bush to answer the ``knowing what we know now'' question about flawed intelligence in Iraq and the failure to find weapons of mass destruction, Kerry responded Monday, ``Yes, I would have voted for the authority. I believe it was the right authority for a president to have.''

Could he parse that phrase any more finely?

Then, of course, he charged that Bush sent troops into war ``without a plan to win the peace.''

That prompted the president to say yesterday, ``Almost 220 days after switching positions to declare himself the anti-war candidate, my opponent has found a new nuance.''

During a campaign swing through Florida, Bush added, ``After months of questioning my motives and even my credibility, Sen. Kerry now agrees with me that even though we have not found the stockpiles of weapons we all believe were there . . .he would have voted to go into Iraq and remove Saddam Hussein from power.''

Oh, these presidential debates are going to be the best show in town.

http://news.bostonherald.com/opinion/view.bg?articleid=39273

Archived