Chris Todd Opinion

keekee

Preach it brother!!!!! Some people get caught up in who looks more like a QB etc...... I liked both as well as all of our QB's. However, to fairly compare the two you have to look at the big picture, so yes I agree 100%.

Who was more athletic? I think its too close to call.

Personally I think one of our greatest QB's is Dameyune Craig. He played well despite several factors and was extremley athletic. 3,000 plus yards I believe. Had Daymeune played on one of our 2,000- 2009 teams, who knows?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My opinion of Chris Todd is he wore the Blue and Orange and to my knowledge never did anything to shine a negative light on our program and wore the uniform with pride. I never have and never will join in a chorus of boos directed at one of our players. However, win or loose I will always stand at the stairs next to entrance of the tunnel shouting WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!, WE ARE PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!! and  chanting  "ITS GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Classy retort. You always seem to take the high road. Kudos brother and WDE!

I love our men too. Im proud of our men. I wouldnt pee on Franklin if he was on fire.

My question is what if Burns had the luxury of playing his whole Soph. and Jr. year? I doubt we would have lost anymore games then we did. We might have pulled a few wins out of our hat. I just wonder how he would be as a Sr.?

Im not down on Todd, Im just up on Kodi. I think life gave them both the shaft and Franklin was the shaft.

My opinion of Chris Todd is he wore the Blue and Orange and to my knowledge never did anything to shine a negative light on our program and wore the uniform with pride. I never have and never will join in a chorus of boos directed at one of our players. However, win or loose I will always stand at the stairs next to entrance of the tunnel shouting WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!, WE ARE PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!! and  chanting  "ITS GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love our men too. Im proud of our men. I wouldnt pee on Franklin if he was on fire.

My question is what if Burns had the luxury of playing his whole Soph. and Jr. year? I doubt we would have lost anymore games then we did. We might have pulled a few wins out of our hat. I just wonder how he would be as a Sr.?

Im not down on Todd, Im just up on Kodi. I think life gave them both the shaft and Franklin was the shaft.

I am as big a Kodi fan as there is, but you can't "coach" accuracy. He just isn't an accurate enough passer to play QB full time. I hope he has a great senior season, and an NFL team will give him an opportunity to play at the next level.

You got me pegged brother LMAO :-X  :laugh: However that is the same year I put my foot through my brand new shredder and basket. My size 15 got stuck in the basket and when I tried to kick it to the moon it flew into our glass door in our bed room, needless to say it shattered and I had to replace.

I do agree and I felt bad for Kodi. Kodi was so much more athletic, however I have to agree with the above post on accuracy. Yes Franklin was the shaft. Kodi was such a true team player and that just spoke volumes for his charachter.

I guess I feel we went through that terrible time to reach this point. I really think the program is

heading in the right direction and we have a great staff. 

I am one of those guys who believe this team can go far and 10 wins isnt so far fetched.

I believe two things, the turds will loose 3 games and we will surprise all the nay sayers.

War Eagle  brother!!!

I bet sand mt tiger will agree I was on the Kodi wagon big time. I remember after the Clemson game, I was saying I can't wait for next year so Kodi can run the table without Cox slowing us down... Boy has that changed, he is a excellent leader, but I sure hope I don't have to watch him try to throw it deep to Fannin this year. Surely those passes look better than I recall them..

kevon i dont think 10wins is far fetched at all imo 13 is doable,14, but i cant find 3 loses on the turds schedule. i hope youre right, ill gladly be wrong.

It could be the sunglasses, but with a few more bodies on defense last year and were easily 10-3.. I honestly think anything under ten wins next year will be a underachievement, but as long as were improving, I won't complain. That being said, looking at the schedule, most would agree we should win at least 9. With a bowl win, I like our chances for more than 10. We may not be at the top yet, but our schedule seems favorable right now.

It could be the sunglasses, but with a few more bodies on defense last year and were easily 10-3.. I honestly think anything under ten wins next year will be a underachievement, but as long as were improving, I won't complain. That being said, looking at the schedule, most would agree we should win at least 9. With a bowl win, I like our chances for more than 10. We may not be at the top yet, but our schedule seems favorable right now.

Agree completely bro. If Auburn duplicates last year and beats Kentucky then thats 9 wins. With the home schedule this team certainly is set up to win 10+ games.

kevon i dont think 10wins is far fetched at all imo 13 is doable,14, but i cant find 3 loses on the turds schedule. i hope youre right, ill gladly be wrong.

I honestly believe Penn State, then the wheels start to fall off a bit and they loose to lsu. As we all know the Iron Bowl is what it is. We should have beat the turds last year. The better team that DAY to me didnt win. I believe with my Auburn glasses off.............we are their 3rd loss.

Once they loose to Penn State, there will be a panic in hell and satan and his turds will be well........................ :timeout: and then............................ :'(

i think psu will be garbage...uat will win handily & that will be their early season confidence boosting/momentum marquee ooc game that saban likes to have (2008 clemson, 2009 vt)...overconfidence gets to them...imo they will have lost 2 of the following heading into the IB...@ usc, vs  florida, @ arkansas, @ lsu

Records, yards, TDs....etc do not mean squat without the W's. Cox got us W's.

For every arguement about how bad our defense was lastyear, our offensive coaches (receivers, qb...) were just as bad during Cox's tenure. 

Are we comparing Todd and Cox, or their teams as a whole?? Cox won 9 games as a senior, and as far as 06 I think the defense had something to do with that...  How many times had our defense gave up 30+ points when "Cox got us a W?" Winning more games shows the twam was better as a whole. In 06, while Cox was winning games, we gave up less than 14 ppg on defense. Cox played on a better team, Todd was a better player.

All I think is that a good QB is a winning QB. He doesn't have to have the numbers, just find ways to get the W's and maybe that requires handing the ball off.

By the records comment, we all know that Malzahn's offense produces wild number NO MATTER THE PERSONEL. He has done it every where he has been. Imagine what the records would be with Craig, Campbell, or Sullivan behind center with Malzahn calling the plays.

For every arguement about how bad our defense was lastyear, our offensive coaches (receivers, qb...) were just as bad during Cox's tenure. 

Are we comparing Todd and Cox, or their teams as a whole?? Cox won 9 games as a senior, and as far as 06 I think the defense had something to do with that...  How many times had our defense gave up 30+ points when "Cox got us a W?" Winning more games shows the twam was better as a whole. In 06, while Cox was winning games, we gave up less than 14 ppg on defense. Cox played on a better team, Todd was a better player.

All I think is that a good QB is a winning QB. He doesn't have to have the numbers, just find ways to get the W's and maybe that requires handing the ball off.

By the records comment, we all know that Malzahn's offense produces wild number NO MATTER THE PERSONEL. He has done it every where he has been. Imagine what the records would be with Craig, Campbell, or Sullivan behind center with Malzahn calling the plays.

Imagine the records with Cam Newton back there  ;)

Imagine the records with Cam Newton back there  ;)

haha oh yea... I already said that I think qb records will be broken this year and continue to be broken for a few years in a row. Gonna be a wild ride

Brandon Cox was a trooper he suffered from Mascis Gravis a muscle condition I think most of us know that, but man during the LSU game when he was hit near the endzone and had to be taken out of the game.  He started having problems from it did he sit on the sideline hell no he got back in the huddle and get sneaked that ball right in the end zone that game was one of the best defensive games I've seen in a while.  I think it was 2005.  When you compare the quarterbacks though I tend to agree you must also compare the teams as a whole, Brandon had more weapons especially in 05, and Chris Todd last season read the defenses really really well. He was a really good quarterback like i said in my earlier post sometimes he just needed to tuck it and run and get those short yardage first downs that's what irked me.  The season before wasn't his fault Tony Franklin knew he shouldn't have been in there with his shoulder, but give him credit the man overcame bigtime adversity, give them both their due Brandon Cox and Chris todd have overcome different types of adversity they were both good qb's, but Brandon Cox was the man he was tough and remember he was undefeated vs Alabama the childhood team he grew up idolizing.

I respect Todd in that he had heart. He had a rough go at AU. Was he a great QB? No. But he was decent and he had heart.

Archived