2 new bball commits

cdogg

'Hearing some great stuff on Kouassi.  He could wind up being special, guys.  Think Mamadou plus a greater scoring threat in one.  I've been told he's still growing and may be upwards of 7'0 already.

THIS^^^!!!  :yay: Plus, both guys are about as RAW as you can get, when it comes to their potential!! They've only been playing basketball for a few years! They have only been in the US for close to two years, after coming here from Cote d'Ivoire (more commonly known in English as Ivory Coast), which is a country in West Africa on the coast. If you've got a Rivals account, you NEED to read their storyHERE, it is FASCINATING!

These are two VERY BIG recruits for us!! AU just doesn't GET these kind of recruits everyday! BOTH guys have been HEAVILY recruited by Memphis, Kentucky, Pitt, Mizzou, UAB, Vandy, UF, Arky, Miss, Ga Tech, UGa, and, of course, the turds! These guys, along with players like Luke Cothron, Josh Langford, and whoever else Coach Barbee brings in, are going to take us to the ELITE level in a hurry!!!

BE EXCITED GUYS AND GALS!!! WE GOT OURSELVES A TEAM OF BALLERS AT AU!!!  :wedance:

Boom!  Yep.  The kid is raw, as you said, but is already a more advanced defender than Mamadou was when he arrived at Auburn.  This first year may wind up being a little shaky but it won't take long to get us there with the way Barbee's working.  WDE!!!

From what I read Marena is the better player.

sorry but you were misinformed Kouassi is way better

I wouldn't go THAT far as to say WAY better! They are just DIFFERENT players! Kouassi is a legit 7'-type player, and has lots of skill around the basket, especially on D, where he is already a shot-blocking MACHINE!!! Morena, on the other hand, has been compared to a young Lamar Odom! He has AUsome length for a wing player, which allows him to be a STIFLING, shutdown defender! He plays with a VERY high basketball IQ, and, while he isn't quite a refined ball handler yet, he RARELY makes a bad play, when he's got the ball in his hands! They are BOTH very skilled players, seeings how they are relatively NEW to the game, and BOTH have NBA-potential! So to say that one is "way better" than the other is in fact "misinformed".

Oh yeah, and another little nugget for ya'll... one of the MAIN reasons the guys chose AU over Memphis and the other schools (besides the fact that it's close to their home in B'ham and it's in the SEC) is the fact that AU offers both of the majors that the guys want to go into... agricultural business economics for Willy, computer engineering for Bernard!  :bow:

:we:

My head is spinning. Basketball is my favorite sport. I went to almost every home game my freshman and sophomore year before getting serious about my grades. I'm sp pumped about coming back to Auburn and seeing what Tony Barbee has cooking.

These guys sound great both on and off the floor.

Coach Barbee and his staff are awesome recruiters. I love how we're going full force after these in-state studs. Keep'em comin coach.

Archived