Honest question about Russia planes crashing

BamaGrad03

I saw this morning that the Muslims claimed responsibility for these planes going down.

Now, all politics aside...isnt this a BAD move on the Muslims part? Things like Russia, spain bombing..etc lead me to believe they are further pushing this to the World vs The Muslims.

Think about it...everyone despises america. So when Muslims attack us in the name of Allah, the world doesnt take notice. Same goes for their attacks on Israel. People become numb to those things.

But when Muslims start attacking places where it makes no logical sense...they are putting everyone else on the other side of the fence.

They have no dog in this fight (with russia). Same went for the bombing in spain.

Are they making a bad move by hitting places besides USA and Israel?

If true, then it would appear that the Muslim terrorists are showing the world just what they intend. Anyone who believes their (Muslim terrorists) only aim was to destroy the United States and Israel, is and has been seriously deluded.

They have no dog in this fight (with russia). Same went for the bombing in spain.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5810127/

Despite the suspicious timing of the crashes and the fact they took place five days before an election in Chechnya opposed by separatists, Russian officials had kept open the possibility they were caused by bad fuel or human error.

Islamic militant group claims responsibility

A Web site connected to Islamic militants published a statement on Friday — signed the “Islambouli Brigades” — claiming responsibility for the crashes. The statement’s authenticity could not immediately be confirmed.

Muslim groups in Chechnya have been fighting Russia for independence for years, so that's their "dog" in the fight. If indeed it was one of those groups, then the attack probably had very little to do with the USA at all.

As for the attacks in Spain, they were allegedly in response to Spain's assistance to the US in Iraq, and occured just prior Spanish elections in hope of getting a Spanish government that would withdraw from the US Iraqi coalition. Some western media sources have even given them cerdit for influencing the outcome of the Spanish election.

But I agree with you, it seems like terrorism in any form is self-defeating, since it turns most of the World against your cause. That wasn't necessarily the case in ancient history when the Romans, Vikings, and Mongols, for example, used terror to intimidate their opponents. But then they were all powerful enough to crush their opponents, so the opponents were pretty much without hope and were likely to capitulate.

I don't see modern terrorism as gaining any such advantage, because they are too small of a faction to have any real possiblity of crushing the West. They may believe that if they can unite the whole Muslim world, they can defeat the West, particularly with "Allah's help". But many Muslims are as turned off and offended by their tactics as we are, so I don't see them as having much luck in "uniting the whole Muslim world". Still, I believe there is nothing they'd like better than to trigger a world-wide "Muslims vs. Infidels" conflict.

Archived