Reasonable and Objective (somewhat) Thoughts

tiger241345162816

Ok, so here are my thoughts on this years team based on what I have seen in three games.  Note that I am making this evaluation based on reasonableness and as much objectiveity as I can.  All the "doom and gloomers" and "sunshine pumpers" are free to weigh in, but it would be nice to read some well reasoned and objective opinions from others. 

The Good:  The team has shown tremendous resilience and chemistry considering all the key new players being integrated.  Cam is a special talent with great physical tools and really good leadership.  The team has shown enough flashes of good football for fans to be encouraged about the future.  The D, while certainly flawed, has shown improvement over time (maybe not as much or as quickly as fans want, but there is clear improvement).

The Bad:  The offensive execution and play calling have been very inconsistent.  Cam needs to improve on his accuracyt as well as his timing and reads on mid range and deep passes.  This offensive has the potential to be great, but also has shown the tendency to be awful for extended stretches of time.  There are way too many missed assignments and missed tackles on D.  The missed tackling has not been as bad as it was at times last year, but it is not at the level needed to compete for championships.

The Ugly:  All of "the bad" above can be resolved over time; however, we MUST stop with the penalties and turnovers.  This year's team has shown the potential to become a great team and, if we can cut out these ridiculous penalties and bad turnovers, we can work through the various offensive and defensive issues without losing any games we should win.

The defense is improvng and that was encouraging. We have all seen CS have good games but he was really off last night, the first drive was a disaster for his first playing time of the year, 4 big plays were on him.. I do believe he knocks the rust off and becomes the SEC calibur linebacker he was last year.

The defense is improvng and that was encouraging. We have all seen CS have good games but he was really off last night, the first drive was a disaster for his first playing time of the year, 4 big plays were on him.. I do believe he knocks the rust off and becomes the SEC calibur linebacker he was last year.

I noticed that about CS as well.  Hopefully it was just that he hadn't seen any game action and needed to knock the rust off.  He had some issues with overpursuit and missed a couple of tackles.  He has proven he can play at a high level, so I expect that he will be better now that he has his feet back under him, so to speak.

I noticed that about CS as well.  Hopefully it was just that he hadn't seen any game action and needed to knock the rust off.  He had some issues with overpursuit and missed a couple of tackles.  He has proven he can play at a high level, so I expect that he will be better now that he has his feet back under him, so to speak.

We will see a big difference with CS this week.  He will be a few steps closer to the CS we watched last year as the #2 tackler on the team. 

We will see a big difference with CS this week.  He will be a few steps closer to the CS we watched last year as the #2 tackler on the team. 

I agree. He looked very rusty last night. Hopefully he puts it all together next week. We're gonna need him.

Archived