Week 14 (Auburn vs. Alabama) - Tuesday Updates

RunInRed

HC Gus Malzahn

B3Tr57QCAAAfR_F.jpg

via @Todd_Eagle

Malzahn: "Iron Bowl week is finally here. It's the best rivalry in the country, in my opinion."

@wareagleextra

DE DaVonte Lambert had surgery today (knee) and is out for the year. D'haquille Williams (sprained MCL) expected to play.

@bmarcello

Malzahn: "Amari Cooper is one of the better playmakers in all of college football...if not the best playmaker."

Malzahn notes that this will be the fifth time Auburn has played a Top-20 team on the road this season. Notes the Tigers' experience.

Malzahn on his team's confidence: "We went through some tough times, but this is the Iron Bowl...I know they're excited to play."

Malzahn on Nick Marshall's legacy: "He's been one of the best to come through here."

Malzahn on Nick Marshall: "Whenever you play someone and have that experience, it'll do nothing but help...it's not a shock to your system."

Malzahn on constant hype around last year's Kick Six: "I know it doesn't distract us. This is a new year and a new team."

Malzahn said this week that his team "has been different" than the last few weeks thanks to the nature of the Iron Bowl rivalry.

@JFergusonAU

Gus on (Amari) Cooper: "You can put a jersey on someone with his number on it, but you can’t simulate one of best players in college football."

@JoelAEricksonAU

Malzahn on Alabama QB Blake Sims: "He's very efficient with the ball, protects the ball and can hurt you with his legs too."

Malzahn on Lane Kiffin: "He's done a good job setting up plays, … he's done a very good job there."

Malzahn on Quan Bray: "He needs to protect the football. He needs to make plays but he needs to protect the football."

@AUBlog

Jeff Whitaker won't play either. "Everyone else, we're expecting to play."

@AUMcKinney

Malzahn on penalties: "We haven't been disciplined enough. That's where it starts."

@JamesCrepea

Auburn's Gus Malzahn said loss of defensive end DaVonte Lambert to injury is "a big factor. We need some other guys to step up."

Not having Duke Williams and Ricardo Louis, like last week, "definitely changes things," said Gus Malzahn. Both on track to play Saturday.

@AUGoldMine

Malzahn on what Kiffin has brought: "I think the best thing Alabama has done is spread things out. They've played with some tempo."

Malzahn: "To be able to beat a team like this, you're going to have to be able to run the football."

Malzahn: We're trying to be as good as we can and finish this thing as strong as we can.

Malzahn: Will have a Thanksgiving practice and a team meal. We have a lot to be thankful for.

@DanaSulonen

Reese Dismukes

B3_Tw03a_Cc_AI_Qf.jpg

via @scott4ester

Dismukes on the Senior Bowl: "Coming out of high school, that was always an ultimate goal of mine."

@wareagleextra

Auburn C Reese Dismukes said it's been a dream to go to the @seniorbowl since he was at Spanish Fort. Went to the game every year as a kid.

@AUBlog

Reese Dismukes: "This will be the best front seven that we've seen all year."

@JamesCrepea

Reese Dismukes on Bryant-Denny: "Last time we went there it wasn't real loud because we got our butts kicked."

@jzenor

Dismukes says Bryant-Denny is one of the best places to play. Likes how loud it gets.

@JoelAEricksonAU

Auburn's Reese Dismukes on QB Nick Marshall: "I think he'll be remembered as one of Auburn's greats."

Auburn's Reese Dismukes on playing Alabama: "The pressure is not on us. We're going to give it our best shot."

@AUGoldMine

Archived