'Pedophilia is a disorder, not a crime...

DKW 86

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the troublesome thingy 'bout consent ?

Anyone catch Louis CK's opening monologue on SNL a couple weeks ago ?

It might help if you are able to make the distinction between having pedophilia and acting on pedophilia, which is what this article is actually addressing.

It might help if you are able to make the distinction between having pedophilia and acting on pedophilia, which is what this article is actually addressing.

This. Pedophilia is a disorder. Child molestation is a crime.

Guys, be real, this is an argument in semantics. It is the first steps in decriminalizing pedophilia.

Nambla is happy tonite.

Guys, be real, this is an argument in semantics. It is the first steps in decriminalizing pedophilia.

Nambla is happy tonite.

Right, just like recognizing and treating kleptomania is the first step in decriminalizing theft or recognizing and treating sociopathy is the first step in decriminalizing murder. :rolleyes:

Get real.

And you're conflating the terms again.

Nambla is happy tonite.

:bs: :bs: :bs:

Words mean something. Take that away and we can just start killing each other.

Wow...i am at a loss for words.

Why you guys are really falling right in line.

The_Junior_Sewing_Circle_of_the_North_Lima_Congregation.jpg

Sssooo let me ask this one:

Duggar is a _____________ that needs a good _____________ .

Here we go. When one's argument has been thoroughly savaged, they tend to devolve into childish insults.

I expected better. Silly me. :rolleyes:

Well, I never liked the Duggars to begin with so whatever. :dunno:

But young Mr. Duggar's actions were a crime. Lock him up. Pesky statute of limitiations strikes that, though. Maybe a good opportunity for him to seek treatment. He'll be a pariah for the rest of his life, anyway.

But young Mr. Duggar's actions were a crime. Lock him up.

But but but but...he is misunderstood!!! He has a disorder!!!

11453.png

5583bdcf468214633c2afeb841c89bee.jpg

Duggars problem is that HE is a Conservative/Christian.

If he was an Atheist Pedophile...He would just need help...

I'm not an atheist, you poor persecuted soul. My reaction would be the same either way.

I don't like the Duggars because of the cultishness of the entire "Quiverfull" movement.

Funny that you defend Lively though. Look up his role in the creation of the Ugandan "Kill the Gays" bill.

But young Mr. Duggar's actions were a crime. Lock him up.

But but but but...he is misunderstood!!! He has a disorder!!!

11453.png

5583bdcf468214633c2afeb841c89bee.jpg

You are typing without thinking. His problem is that he molested his sisters and another girl. He needs help for his problem and, he should be locked up for his crime. This is neither semantics nor politics.

Will wait until you come to your senses. This is totally about who the perp is associated with.

Lively-he is a reprehensible cretin-still has rights too.

Savage-loud mouth mouth breather-he gets free speech rights too.

Duggar, he is nothing more than a poor poor pitiful victim of a disorder, but omg, he appeared on THAT TV show!!!!! Off with his head!

If Duggar renounced Christianity tomorrow or blamed his parents, he would be the darling of the Left by noon.

Everything with the whackadoodles is all situational on whether the guy agrees with yall politically/culturally.

I dont like either Lively or Savage, but i would defend either's right of free speech.

SSSOOO, If you really believe that it is a disorder (NOT BUYING THAT FOR ONE SECOND) then the molester should not be held responsible for his actions and should just be sent for treatment. You dont get it both ways. If it is a disorder, then it is still a disorder even after the crime is committed.

Someone is having a fun Friday. :rolleyes:

Seriously, are you drunk or something? You're all over the place.

Will wait until you come to your senses. This totally about who the perp is associated with.

Wrong.

Lively-he is a reprehensible cretin-still has rights too.

Savage-loud mouth mouth breather-he gets free speech rights too.

Put down the sauce and argue like a sane person, DKW. Try to stay on track.

Duggar, he is nothing more than a poor poor pitiful victim of a disorder, but omg, he appeared on THAT TV show!!!!! Off with his head!

If Duggar renounced Christianity tomorrow or blamed his parents, he would be the darling of the Left by noon. Everything with the whackadoodles is all situational on whether the guy agrees with yall politically/culturally.

I dont like either Lively or Savage, but i would defend either's right of free speech.

That's ******* stupid. As I said, my reaction would be no different if it was some horrible revelation about, for example, Jon Stewart.

You're so damn far off into left field right now I'm having to whip out the binoculars.

SSSOOO, If you really believe that it is a disorder (NOT BUYING THAT FOR ONE SECOND) then the molester should not be held responsible for his actions and should just be sent for treatment. You dont get it both ways. If it is a disorder, then it is still a disorder even after the crime is committed.

No knowledge of the law or psychology, I see.

The insanity defense doesn't work that way. Go google an article on it.

Here, I'll do some of the heavy lifting for you:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/almost-psychopath/201208/the-insanity-defense

What Qualifies as a “Mental Disease or Defect” for the Insanity Defense?

While any mental or medical condition could theoretically serve as a basis for an insanity defense, the law limits the conditions that can be considered for that purpose. These restrictions are aimed at insuring that only those who truly deserve to be relieved of responsibility are eligible for it. To that end, voluntary intoxication is excluded, as are conditions that have antisocial behaviors as their primary characteristic, e.g. kleptomania, pyromania, and pedophilia and appear to have no physiological basis. Some legal standards require that the mental illness serving as the basis for the defense be “severe.”

Drunk? Sounds more like someone on meth.

He's definitely all over the place right now. Why on earth is he bringing up free speech?

*Tap tap tap*

Waiting for the next incoherent rant. :glare:

Still not buying that you believe that crap, not even for a second.

Free speech is an example of an evenly applied theorem. It should never matter, like it does with the whackadoodles, what your political opinion is on whether you get free speech or get shouted down. The jeweler in Canada could have been anything, the point was that he disagreed with the momentary zeitgeist (brainfart) of the PC Nazis.

This ridiculous new slant on a 'disorder.' Hell it has always been a disorder. But suddenly, OMG! some nitwit prof has decided to proclaim her Leftwing PhD in Whackadoodleness. Suddenly, sane people are to have some epiphanal karmic shift because some nutjob has now decided to move the ball down the court in declaring a well known 'disorder...(duh duh duh...) A DISORDER!'.

Excuse me, i have to go cry over puppies or something and get my Liberal Cred back...

sew_circle_photo.gif

*Tap tap tap*

Waiting for the next incoherent rant. :glare:/>

I'm staying out because I have already said my piece about having desires or thoughts and not acting on them.

Strongs #459 and I am sticking to it.

Archived