'Pedophilia is a disorder, not a crime...

DKW 86

I was just very incensed that the sewing circle just closes its eyes sometimes to the most inane things.

I swear sometimes yall scare the hell out of me with your goose stepping the PC Line.

Pedophilia is being normalized today. Whether you want to see it or not, it is. With the crazy Epstein Case, Roman Polanski, etc. We have a culture that takes 13-14 year old girls on magazine covers and tells grown women that they are supposed to look like that. We shove Barbie Dolls in lil girl's hands and tell them that this extremely sexualized ANATOMICALLY IMPOSSIBLE doll is their role model. We hold lil girls in 'beauty contests" and make them into sexualized perverted beings.

Toddlers-and-Tiaras_240-186x300.jpgToddlers-and-Tiaras-Mia.pngpageant+girl.jpg

If you think that Pedophilia isnt a growing, pervasive, powerful movement, you are just not paying attention.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice rant! It may have some truth in it. Some actual evidence would be more persuasive. The internet is certainly capable of reinforcing whatever concerns you may have.

I certainly agree that beauty pageants for children seem perverted. I don't think the parents of these children are motivated by pedophilia, there are likely some other "mental issues" going on.

But this is really a different subject. It has nothing to do with your OP or the article linked in it.

Dkw, can you define " normalized "?

Working toward acceptance within main stream culture, to some extent, but not full acceptance.

Maybe mean more than de-stigmatized to some.

I am NOT talking about being accepted by the MAJORITY of Main Stream Culture, but accepted by a large and growing portion of society at large.

if people can accept the truth, we might be able to prevent some child sex abuse? denying reality it helps nothing.

I think running out in the street screaming "I just had sex with a bunch of children!" will have the same effect in 20 years as it does now.

I think running out in the street screaming "I just had sex with a bunch of children!" will have the same effect in 20 years as it does now.

LOL!!

But I'd say 20 years is pretty conservative. Just note what happens to people who are caught with just photos on their computer.

LOL!!

But I'd say 20 years is pretty conservative. Just note what happens to people who are caught with just photos on their computer.

True.

• 3 months later...

Somebody posted that over on tRant yesterday.

Interesting. Dailymail.co.uk shares all kinds of news articles to my Facebook and this was one of them. I bet talking politics over there is a real hoot.

I’m a pedophile, but not a monster

Words fail me. Feel compassion about the deformity, no doubt, but pedophilia?

It's not the words, it's the logic.

Logic is working just fine. That's why the words fail.

Well, let's check that.

Is someone with pedophilia a criminal by definition?

Since we humans are unable to read the minds and hearts of others, all we can try in our courts are the actions of others. We can't even be sure of the confessions of others, since there are documented cases of innocent people confessing to crimes they didn't commit. Thus, mere thoughts or internal desires regarding pedophilia, rape, violence, adultery, murder, theft, embezzlement, jay-walking, smoking a doobie, or littering cannot be made criminal offenses because they cannot be proven beyond reasonable doubt.

In the court of the Almighty, if there is such a thing, the situation is presumably different since supposedly He is omniscient and incapable of error. But even there I'll leave such judgments to said Deity.

Well, let's check that.

Is someone with pedophilia a criminal by definition?

Nope. Just like being an alcoholic is not a crime.

As far as the article goes, I think it seemed sincere, and I hope we can look past pedophilia, the disorder, one day. But I doubt it is possible because both the maternal and paternal instincts will take over. Also, by the pedophile mentioning in the article that he was sexually abused as a child, I think he undercut the genetics argument a bit.

Jeff basically nailed it. No action, No Crime. Unless it's a hate crime, then, by definition, assumed thought is an additional crime.

It might help if you are able to make the distinction between having pedophilia and acting on pedophilia, which is what this article is actually addressing.

This. Pedophilia is a disorder. Child molestation is a crime.

While true, let a pedophile molest your child, then get back with me on your compassion. He simply had a disorder? I don't intend to press charges? Honey, he simply had a disorder? I don't think so.

It might help if you are able to make the distinction between having pedophilia and acting on pedophilia, which is what this article is actually addressing.

This. Pedophilia is a disorder. Child molestation is a crime.

While true, let a pedophile molest your child, then get back with me on your compassion. He simply had a disorder? I don't intend to press charges? Honey, he simply had a disorder? I don't think so.

Solid appeal to emotion.

Someone molests my child, then they'll become my finest work of abstract art, but pedophile does not automatically equal child molester.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the argument here. I read that article on Slate. It made me queasy. I would beat to a pulp any person who molested one of my children.

But this person seems to be someone who 1) is admitting that for whatever reason he has these attractions and 2) he fully understands and agrees that he cannot act on them and is taking great pains not to, even seeking out help and support from others who are "non-contacters" and believe like he does (that regardless of what one feels, it is not to be pursued). If I'm assessing it correctly, why is everyone putting the guy on blast? What is he doing wrong?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the argument here. I read that article on Slate. It made me queasy. I would beat to a pulp any person who molested one of my children.

But this person seems to be someone who 1) is admitting that for whatever reason he has these attractions and 2) he fully understands and agrees that he cannot act on them and is taking great pains not to, even seeking out help and support from others who are "non-contacters" and believe like he does (that regardless of what one feels, it is not to be pursued). If I'm assessing it correctly, why is everyone putting the guy on blast? What is he doing wrong?

Stop thinking and start emoting. <_<

I think people are thinking with their emotions and not with their brain. No action=no crime.

However, I am afraid to say that i dont trust anyone to not act out on this type of problem. I just dont think that he could maintain a perfect record.

I think people are thinking with their emotions and not with their brain. No action=no crime.

However, I am afraid to say that i dont trust anyone to not act out on this type of problem. I just dont think that he could maintain a perfect record.

Well, I'm not saying I'd trust him either. If a man told me he was a recovering drug addict, he wouldn't be the night watchman at my pharmaceutical manufacturing plant either. I would say that he should never be involved in any close contact with children at all, much less alone with one. But beyond that, I'm struggling to understand what he's saying that's so wrong.

That's not unreasonable. Understanding doesn't require trusting. Just the opposite.

It would be irrational to put a pedophile in a position where they are likely to fail. I suspect he would agree.

Archived