Looking For Clarification

autigeremt

I heard that a Navy officer and a Marine, who fired at the terrorist in Chattanooga, TN is being brought up on federal charges for discharging a firearm. Can anyone confirm this outside of the partisan blogs and sites?

Thanks.....

I don't know about the charges, but I have heard that a gun was found, possibly in violation of rules and regs. With this admin, I'd put nothing past them on charging the good guys.

It's like the story of the lowly cop in Texas who took out the too Islamists at the cartoon convention. Seems it wasn't him at all who shot the bad guys, so here I don't know either. May have very well been a bullet from a Navy officer / Marine who took down the shooter. But the " official " word ... well, we know how it goes.

Yeah we will charge him although he saved lives and let Bergdahl run around smoking pot. And he cost several guy lives who were looking for him. Where is common sense these days?

Yeah we will charge him and let Bergdahl run around smoking pot.

Not the same. Bergdahl has been charged by the way.

Stories of Navy personnel being charged with an offense are not true. There is still a long way to go in reviewing the facts of this tragic incident, but at this time we can confirm no service member has been charged with an offense," the Navy said in a statement posted to social media.

Guest NC1406

Stories of Navy personnel being charged with an offense are not true. There is still a long way to go in reviewing the facts of this tragic incident, but at this time we can confirm no service member has been charged with an offense," the Navy said in a statement posted to social media.

As a service member what is your opinion on whether the sailor should be charged if he disobeyed orders and saved lives with his violation of military rules?

As a service member what is your opinion on whether the sailor should be charged if he disobeyed orders and saved lives with his violation of military rules?

He is a Commanding Officer. He has NJP powers so if one of his Sailors brought a weapon into the building, he would charge that Sailor. He took a chance knowing full well he was breaking the law. Now he must set the example and take his punishment. Does it suck, yup. Like I said, take it up with your congresscritter. They made it against the law.

Thank you!

He is a Commanding Officer. He has NJP powers so if one of his Sailors brought a weapon into the building, he would charge that Sailor. He took a chance knowing full well he was breaking the law. Now he must set the example and take his punishment. Does it suck, yup. Like I said, take it up with your congresscritter. They made it against the law.

I agree...but it's hard to suck it up when our government is laden with people who break laws and slide away with nary an issue. Some people are above the law as long as they have high up friends. Humans I guess.....lol

I agree...but it's hard to suck it up when our government is laden with people who break laws and slide away with nary an issue. Some people are above the law as long as they have high up friends. Humans I guess.....lol

We are held to a higher standard. He knows it and he rolled the dice. Now he has to pay the piper.

We are held to a higher standard. He knows it and he rolled the dice. Now he has to pay the piper.

minimal i hope

Rolled the dice & saved how many lives ? Do we know ? Will we ever know ?

We are....but those above us are not.

Hence why we are respected more. I don't want to be brought down to their level.

Hence why we are respected more. I don't want to be brought down to their level.

I agree....but I'm ready for some accountability myself. ;)

So we will maybe punish a Navy man for saving lives while ignoring immigration laws and paying little heed when an illegal murders a young lady in a sanctuary city?

So we will maybe punish a Navy man for saving lives while ignoring immigration laws and paying little heed when an illegal murders a young lady in a sanctuary city?

:-\

1. Just because you assert a relationship between two events doesn't mean there is.

2. s*** happens. Lots and lots of it every single day. Some of it good, some of it bad.

Archived